We have been visiting this establishment over 20 years & have noticed recently that standards were slipping.
After the disgusting meals which were served to us on our recent visit we will never return.
The printed menu is the same as years gone by but the quality of the food has declined.
After my Husband placed our order we waited for the waitress to bring the placemats & cutlery as has happened over the many years, but she arrived with his starter "nachos with chilli topping" without any cutlery or side plates. She dumped, literally, the dish down & disappeared, about 5 minutes later she came back with placemats, cutlery & a side plate, even though he'd ordered the sharing portion. These weren't removed until she came with the main courses 40 minutes later.
My Husband had ordered "Pot Roast lamb" @ £17 with potatoes & vegetables, the minted gravy was congealed so it had obviously been standing under the halogen pass for a while. I ordered "gammon steak, egg, chips which was to be accompanied with mushrooms, onion rings & peas. The chips were served in a separate dish. The gammon absolutely disgusting!! Chargrilled to the point of cremation, salty (cheap meat) & virtually inedible, the mushrooms had been pre cooked & dry, onion rings anaemic but my goodness the EGG.... Crispy edges & solid yolk. Is it really to much to ask for an egg not to be rubber? £13.50 for something the dog would turn its nose up at.
The place wasn't exceptionally busy, we've visited when it's been packed to the rafters & the food has been great.
Now the waitress reaction when she came past when my husband had eaten most of his & I'd eaten just the chips (frozen & deep fried) & 2 mouthfuls of the gammon. She said the obligatory "was everything alright?" I replied "well no that food is the worst I've ever eaten in over 20 years visiting here" She said "I'll tell chef" & left. No apology nothing. To be honest I have seen more life in a plant!!! We expected her to come back with an apology but after 10 minutes we left.
I also returned a glass of diet coke to the bar as it tasted soapy, maybe the lines hadn't been rinsed properly.
Very disappointing after many years patronage but this place must be under new management with far less standards than the previous landlord.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in a glorious location, The Yorkshire Bridge Inn is an ideal base from which to explore the exceptional beauty of the Peak District.The quality and integrity of our food & drink is something special. We have fine food prepared using fresh local produce.We have 14 bedrooms offering comfortable accommodation, as well as a variety of bars and dining areas with a friendly atmosphere enjoyed by all ages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Book Direct Rooms and Odigeo so you can book your The Yorkshire Bridge Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Yorkshire Bridge Hotel Bamford
- The Yorkshire Bridge Inn Bamford, Derbyshire