“excellent stay”

The Yorkshire Bridge Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Bamford B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 April 2014

my partner and I have just got back from a stay at the Yorkshire bridge Inn. The room was beautiful and spotless, the food was gorgeous especially breakfast which was included in the price. We had a lovely walk around the resevoir and was a perfect getaway. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I stayed with my wife for a couple of nights as a base for visiting the peak district and Leeds. This is a cosy Inn with great local draft beers, well-cared-for comfortable rooms, and friendly staff. We ordered a pack lunch for one of the days for the sake of convenience while travelling, and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the contents. We managed to leave some clothes behind but the staff were exceptionally helpful and forwarded them to us by post later.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I have been staying at the Yorkshire Bridge Inn, with as many as 4 business colleagues, every month for a number of years and, like my colleagues, have always looked forward to it. So much so that I have stayed there with my family on occasions. We have always been made very welcome by all the staff - particularly Tim - who has been very accommodating to the point of having our meals ready and waiting to order when we have arrived late. Service indeed and excellent value to boot.
The location is second to none for walking, cycling and driving.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are best in the summer 14,15 and 16
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank David P
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We have been visiting this establishment over 20 years & have noticed recently that standards were slipping.
After the disgusting meals which were served to us on our recent visit we will never return.
The printed menu is the same as years gone by but the quality of the food has declined.
After my Husband placed our order we waited for the waitress to bring the placemats & cutlery as has happened over the many years, but she arrived with his starter "nachos with chilli topping" without any cutlery or side plates. She dumped, literally, the dish down & disappeared, about 5 minutes later she came back with placemats, cutlery & a side plate, even though he'd ordered the sharing portion. These weren't removed until she came with the main courses 40 minutes later.
My Husband had ordered "Pot Roast lamb" @ £17 with potatoes & vegetables, the minted gravy was congealed so it had obviously been standing under the halogen pass for a while. I ordered "gammon steak, egg, chips which was to be accompanied with mushrooms, onion rings & peas. The chips were served in a separate dish. The gammon absolutely disgusting!! Chargrilled to the point of cremation, salty (cheap meat) & virtually inedible, the mushrooms had been pre cooked & dry, onion rings anaemic but my goodness the EGG.... Crispy edges & solid yolk. Is it really to much to ask for an egg not to be rubber? £13.50 for something the dog would turn its nose up at.
The place wasn't exceptionally busy, we've visited when it's been packed to the rafters & the food has been great.
Now the waitress reaction when she came past when my husband had eaten most of his & I'd eaten just the chips (frozen & deep fried) & 2 mouthfuls of the gammon. She said the obligatory "was everything alright?" I replied "well no that food is the worst I've ever eaten in over 20 years visiting here" She said "I'll tell chef" & left. No apology nothing. To be honest I have seen more life in a plant!!! We expected her to come back with an apology but after 10 minutes we left.
I also returned a glass of diet coke to the bar as it tasted soapy, maybe the lines hadn't been rinsed properly.
Very disappointing after many years patronage but this place must be under new management with far less standards than the previous landlord.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Annette10001
Reviewed 13 March 2014

This was only a visit for lunch, not a stay over so cannot comment on rooms, etc. We called in here before 9am to ask if we were OK to leave our car in the car park as we would be calling in for a meal after walking in the area. The staff were very friendly, told us that was fine and thanked us for asking. After the walk, we called in for a hard earned pint or two and some food. I had the steak and kidney pie and my companion had the peppered turkey from the specials board. Both were accompanied by new potatoes and veg and were superb. Personally I like my veg firm and they were cooked to perfection. The pie was clearly homemade and packed with chunks of steak and kidney. There were quite a few diners in that afternoon and I noticed that several of them had dogs with them, so it is clearly a dog friendly pub. The staff were friendly and helpful from going in to leaving. We will certainly be calling again and would like to try the accommodation at some point.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 March 2014

The stunning position of this hotel is the main reason to stay though that is somewhat compromised by the fact that some of the rooms (we were in 9) have no outside views which somewhat negates the reason for staying here. No wi fi in the rooms which in this day and age is pretty bad. However, it has to be said that the newly decorated room, though tiny, was nicely furnished with crisp bed linen and a very comfortable large bed. The roof light let in lots of light.
Food? Huge portions which rather made up for the rather ordinary fare. Amazed at how other reviewers seem to feel that quantity makes up for quality. Not that the food was bad, just very ordinary and very unambitious. Lots of walkers here who clearly appreciated what was on offer. Maybe we should have expected little more.
The staff here are wonderful with excellent service and very friendly and are the main reason for staying as they make you feel very comfortable.
The prices are on the high side but are easily justified by the demand as the place was fully booked. Breakfast was good even if we were twice served the wrong things by the kitchen but this was quickly righted.
We stayed two nights after having checked out the alternatives and the feeling we get is that this is par for the course in Derbyshire where top priority is good hearty meals and a crisp clean room. On that basis this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with a view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Lemniot
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Although we didn't stay here we found recommendations for the pub in our cottage guest book so thought we'd go here for a meal. I am surprised to see the negative comments about rude staff etc. we found them to be extremely friendly with great efficient service! Food was lovely delicious roast beef and reasonably priced! Would recommend to anyone looking for a quaint little pub with tasty meals.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank KateM101
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bamford
George Hotel
#2 of 4 in Bamford
Samuel Fox Country Inn
Samuel Fox Country Inn
#1 of 6 in Bradwell

Been to The Yorkshire Bridge Inn? Share your experiences!