As per previous comments, the Yorkshire Bridge is a very friendly and welcoming place in a great location for walkers. We were there as part of a family birthday celebration, and our large group was made to feel instantly at ease. There was also another large group of walkers staying there at the same time, plus a very full restaurant on the Saturday night, but the service was swift, pleasant and the staff coped admirably.
I couldn't agree more about the food - portions are huge and quality is good. Great if you have been walking all day but you could feel a little overfaced if you do not have a big appetite! The bar stocks an interesting, if somewhat small, selection of real ales from local breweries too.
The one downside to the stay was the strong smell of damp from our (ensuite) bathroom in room 4. Probably due to a shower curtain which should have been replaced, and the fact that the bathroom windows couldn't be opened. The only minor quibble we had though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in a glorious location, The Yorkshire Bridge Inn is an ideal base from which to explore the exceptional beauty of the Peak District.The quality and integrity of our food & drink is something special. We have fine food prepared using fresh local produce.We have 14 bedrooms offering comfortable accommodation, as well as a variety of bars and dining areas with a friendly atmosphere enjoyed by all ages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Yorkshire Bridge Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Yorkshire Bridge Hotel Bamford
- The Yorkshire Bridge Inn Bamford, Derbyshire