The location was in a lovely village close to some beautiful walks.
The house was spotlessly clean. Everything we need was there to have a fabulous weekend.
We just returned from a weekend break at Derwent House to celebrate my big birthday. Ages ranged from 15 months to 74 years, with everything in between. We had the best weekend ever and I have to say I couldn't have picked a better venue. We were the maximum number but never felt on top of each other. I would 100% recommend this venue to others.
Thank you Peak Venues.
We were bowled over by the excellent accommodation and facilities in the house.The first evening we reserved fish and chips at the Angler's Rest Community Pub and Cafe which is in walking distance.The kitchen offered every kind of appliance, utensils and pans you could need.The great weather meant a BBQ on the Saturday afternoon and it was great fun to sit down together in the evening for dinner, drinks from the bar and a lot of banter,
The house is very clean and the beds very comfortable.We all felt it ticked all the boxes for a family weekend.Bamford itself is lovely and we enjoyed the walk to the river and weir close by.Some guests went to Chatsworth, and also an outdoor heated swimming pool in the next village,Lady Bower and the Heights of Abraham.We would recommend the Derwent without hesitation.
This place is huge! It looked big in the pictures but was bigger on arrival - endless space to host friends and family for a celebration! The pool table, darts board and table football provided some entertainment but the main bar area was the focal point on both evenings we were there with people always gathered around it for a chat and a few pretending to be bar keep. We had a cocktail hour with some ready mixed Funkin' cocktails, followed by Gin tasting and then Prosecco hour - was a great way to make sure we were using all the booze up that everyone brought with them!
The rooms are all beautifully decorated, with some gorgeous throws over each of the beds. The kitchen is extremely well equipped although most of the over trays we pulled out the cupboard seemed to be too long to fit in either oven.
* Space, and lots of it! People could go and chill out in one or have a game in another without annoying each other.
* Full equipped bar area - lots of glasses in different varieties, wine/beer fridges and a glass washer so you don't have to carry them back and forth to the kitchen.
* The area - pub up the road, nice walks straight from the doorstep, 5 min drive to Lady Bower reservoir or even only a 15min drive to a place where we did some gorge walking with Lost Earth Adventures.
Negatives (minor things):
* Lounge seating is fine for a chat but not to slob out on for a whole Sunday afternoon of Disney films! However, this was basically the only time we used it as the rest of the weekend was spent outside walking or in the bar area.
* No recycling at the property (throwing bottles/cardboard in the bin just feels wrong these days but there was no way we could take them all home with us).
I was looking for somewhere stylish set in a countryside location that was a little different to bring a big group of friends together from up and down the country (31 of us). The team at Peak Venues and the property owner could not have been more helpful in getting our weekend organised and ensuring we had a very memorable stay. I genuinely can not fault it. There's few other places like it.
We went as a party of 24 and had a great time here, the rooms are clean and nicely decorated. We enjoyed the pool and darts, the dining area is perfect for large groups and the kitchens are well equipped. I would recommend this venue for large groups of friends looking to get away.
Lovely weekend at the derwent ,original features but modern ,pool table used for hours ,room was perfect and spacious ,lots of cleaning supplies for the aftermath of a party ,glass washer and 2 dishwashers!pub 2 mins walk away ,would deffo go back !