“Xmas Day, Any Day Excellent.....”
Review of Bluebell Inn

Bluebell Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Belper
Bluebell Inn
Ranked #7 of 10 Belper B&B and Inns
Matlock, United Kingdom
“Xmas Day, Any Day Excellent.....”
Reviewed 4 February 2013

We have been going to The Bluebell for about three months every other week, always lovely food, nice lunch menu fish and chips or burger all good, presented well and tasty.
The management and staff are all pleasant and nothing too much trouble, so we decided t go for Xmas day lunch cannot begin to tell you how much we enjoyed it we had a lovely salmon starter and then sorbet for main beef wellington out of this world ! the chef if so modest he wouldnot come out of the kitchen when I asked to give him my praise, a beautiful desert and cheese and biscuits well I was full by then but the selection of cheese was marvellous (my fattening downfall !) and coffee and mince pies all for £59.99 worth more but dont tell the manager !. we will be going next year too!
We went new years eve and it was a great evening a fantastic band,buffet and all for £15.00.
I have paid less in other palces but been dissapointed and I didnt have to wash the pots so it doesnt matter what it costs I"ll be back !!!xx

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank LindaM42

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
derby
Reviewed 22 December 2012

i went to the bluebell to celebrate my birthday,the food went down a treat and the service and atmosphere was lovely,everybody loved the food and being able to stay over night was the perfect end to a great evening.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank mad d
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Firstly we noted that all the cosyness of the old pub had been stripped out by the new owners, less of a compfy country pub and eatery more like pretend to be restaurants with no space for walkers/locals to have a quick pint or two.
It seemed like the majority of the staff were raw and untrained to do anything and when people were speaking to them the "bar manager" rudely interrupted.
The real ales displayed across the bar were infact just a front as the barmaid disappeared and returned after a while with a flat excuse for a beer with no head or taste.
The only plus side was the bar snacks we had, hot (well lukeish warm) pork and beef rolls. Very tasty if not a little overpriced.
At least we know now not to expect so much, sit outside in the fresh air and stick to a bag of crisps and a mass produced cider or lager. We may have been more impressed if we had eaten within the restaurant and have a full a la carte menu but this is a pub, first and foremost.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GP1971
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Wow. Understated and a quiet secret, this place serves food of the highest quality with a really good service. The starter (garlic mushrooms) is not what you expect and it blows you away wetting your appetite. The steaks were grande. Thoroughly recommended. Some nice guest ales to enjoy too.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Afro-Ind
Derbyshire
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I recently had my retirement celebration at The Bluebell,Farnah Green. The meal was outstanding,service was excellent and all the staff were very friendly.The party was for 30 and everyone had a good meal with no complaints.
The atmosphere in the pub was so pleasant you want to go back on a regular basis. Local people and visitorl are all made welcome.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank WendyDerbyshire
Shipley, Derbyshire, UK
Reviewed 28 October 2011

My wife and I had a night free from the kids and were looking to go out for a meal. I'd driven past the Bluebell earlier in the day and thought it looked nice from the outside. I first looked at some reviews online which didn't look too promising but we thought we'd try it anyway.
I'm glad we did. The starters were very good; I had leek and potato soup and my wife had Fishcakes with sweet chili sauce. The Main courses were equally good Just a 8oz Rump steak each but nice. And desert of strawberry cheesecake was also nice. I would go back again and as there are some nice looking walks around the area may include it in a walk.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank StephenToplis
Lincolnshire
Reviewed 19 September 2011

We stayed at the apartment above the Bluebell Inn in Belper, we were so impressed with it, the apartments lovely, has everything you need, and the beds so comfy! The views are gorgeous. The service was fantastic the staff could'nt do enough for us, we were staying at the apartment as we were attending a wedding at Blackbrook house (which is an absolutely stunning venue for a wedding) but they have no rooms, so we booked the Bluebell apartment, the location is fantastic, its literally 2 minutes down the road by car. We would definately stay here again and strongly recommend it. Well done Bluebell!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends