“You get what you pay for but over all not a bad place”
Review of Memory of China

Memory of China
Ranked #60 of 79 Restaurants in Belper
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Sometimes listed as Belper
Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

Memoryofchina is a typical chinese buffet style restaurant and let's be honest for £11.00 a head what do people expect.the drinks were not over priced unlike some places the food wasn't to salty again like some restaurants to make you. Drink more. There were not many people in but it was on a Monday so I didn't expect it to be bustling. The staff were pleasant the food well cooked I think sometimes people have to just remember if your wanting a top price meal then you need to pay top prices. All in all I think this is a honest and fair review of a very adequate restaurant the staff were attentive the food fine the drinks cheap but like some have said the grounds and inside could do with a touch up ie toilets and outside car park. But in all honesty I would go back again because I know what I pay for is what I'm getting.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

My family and I have been visiting this restaurant regularly over the last few years. We usually eat in the restaurant but have also had takeaways. We have never had a bad meal and it's one of our favourite restaurants! The staff are friendly and attentive, the food and drinks are very reasonable (especially Sunday lunch!) and the food is lovely. The hot & sour soup and the crispy duck are both favourites! The restaurant doesn't look much from the outside but is well worth a try! Highly recommended :)

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Party of four walked in for a meal at 8 oclock told to sit in the entrance as we arrived
Sat for 10 minutes while we listened to several people complaining about poor food poor service
A table with mum dad and two young boys had been ther 1 1/2 hours and hadnt eaten. another chap had been waiting 1 hour for a bag of chips.It seemed to be in total turmoil. lots of people wanting to leave as they could see it was going to be a disaster. As i said we didnt stay

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Had seen the poor reviews but gave it a shot anyway, as we wanted some Chinese food. It was good hangover stodge but that's about all you can say. The bottled beer was lukewarm, despite the waitress assuring me it would be cold...food came way too quick to be cooked fresh, various dishes were not hot, others piping - obviously got a temperamental microwave. The place generally had a bit of a dodgy smell...bit like cheap bleach. It did the job but you wouldn't rush back.

Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

Poor and rude staff do not clean pipes on larger and starters was what stacy soloman advertises ! Never again
After being left waiting for 5mins for no aparent reason we was seated we then waited 15mins for drink orders . We had 1 larger and a coke then prawn crackers was served I then noticed lots of black bits in my larger at bottom of glass after reporting this to the manager she then advised that the black bits were from food .... I know the food that we eventually got was cheap iceland cra* but im sure the prawn cracker s were not burnt black ! She replaced my drink taking no ownership of the problem and slamed it on table at this point we requested the bill from the waitress knowing the issue 1 larger 1 coke a Iceland platter selection a bad taste in my mouth and 40 quid lighter we left . If u like being insulated in a out of date restaurant that services poor food this is the place for u .