“A great little place....so glad I found it.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Belper
Chevin Green Farm B&B
Ranked #3 of 10 Belper B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I stumbled upon Chevin Green Farm by accident after checking out a Trip Advisor review of a place I was going to stay....and that was probably the best thing that could have happened to me...
I arrived in Belper last week for a four month contract through work and needed temporary accommodation. David and Sarah were so helpful. Even though I rang to book on a Sunday they were very quick to call me back and made me feel this was the place for me over the phone.
And the proof was in the pudding as they say when I arrived on my first night. What a fabulous place, lovely comfortable and stylish rooms, brilliant countryside farmland setting and fab hosts.
I have had just one week, but am confident my next 15 or 16 will be just as great.... strongly recommended, and perhaps a good indictment is that even though it was October most of the 5 rooms were occupied throughout my stay....

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Suzanne H
There are newer reviews for Chevin Green Farm B&B

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Stayed at Chevin Green Farm for three nights, when visiting relatives.
I was impressed by the start from by the way it was tastefully decorated and the nice touches in my room, i.e. choices of different teas, and a bottle of mineral water left each day. The room was spotless and well appointed.
Very good breakfast with plenty of choice.
I thought it was also very good value for money, having looked at the costs of the hotels in the area, for a single person, I was given a large double.
Sarah and David the owners were extremley helpful and friendly.
Overall a very good find and hope to return there fairly soon.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank MasieYorkshire
Reviewed 18 October 2013

we have just spent two nights at this b and b and it has to be one of the cleanest and friendliest place we have stayed in was very clean with a good view over the hills. the breakfast was excellent with cereal and fruit juice to start and then a full English if required(my choice) my wife asked for poached eggs and it was no problem. the only slight problem was the shower in the room which was a wee bit to low for me, but i managed by holding the shower head.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John B
Reviewed 16 October 2013

This is a lovely B & B. Run by very friendly people. It has been tastefully decorated and is in a lovely part of the country. Only reasons that I haven't awarded 5 *'s are: As it is billed as a 5* B&B expectations were very high. Overall I felt that it was very good but slightly overpriced. I would have been really, really happy with everything if I had paid £70-£80 per night but felt that £98 per night was a little steep. Could have done with some bigger towels in the room. Would prefer to choose breakfast on the day - rather than the night before. It was presumed we would want the same thing both mornings. To be fair though, when we did ask for something different, it was sorted in a very friendly manner. One of the reasons that we booked this place was that there is a downstairs lounge area. We had hoped to be able to put our young son to bed and then sit down here for a bit ourselves. Unfortunately this room was really cold, there was no TV and no tea or coffee making facilities - so we ended up going to bed really early ourselves - so as not to wake our son. If we had been travelling without our son then this wouldn't have been an issue as the room was lovely and we would have happily watched TV and stayed in our room. Would really strongly recommend this B&B to couples or business travellers. I would probably stay again - just being really picky as expectations were so high given that it is billed as 5* and is quite pricey! Couldn't fault the hospitality - owners are really nice.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I recently attended a wedding at Shottle Hall and when looking around at local B&B's I was dismayed at the seemingly stupidly high prices, until I found Chevin Green Farm. I was staying with my extended family so we booked both a double and family room and straight away from our arrival I knew we had found a real gem. The location is fantastic off a secluded country lane, with off road parking and a private courtyard area. We were welcomed in by owner David who after a quick run through of the breakfast options showed us to our rooms. Chevin offers a real home away from home, with beautiful interiors and a very tasteful modernisation has been done that offers all mod cons whilst maintaining the original charming features of the building. The rooms are of a good size with modern en suite bathrooms and they are obviously well maintained as it was immaculately clean throughout. We all had a fantastic nights sleep as the setting is just so peaceful and were up early for the full English breakfast that did not disappoint, the quality coffee in particular was much appreciated! I cannot recommend this B&B enough, it really was fantastic value and the beautiful building and settings would sell it on its own but actually the last comment has to be for the amazing service and attention to detail offered by the owners. Sarah and David made us feel so welcome and really could not do enough to make sure we had everything we needed for our stay, to the point where Sarah even waited in for us to arrive!
If you are looking for a high quality experience without the stupid price tag then I recommend Chevin Green, we will def be back and hopefully very soon!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sarah M
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We stayed at Chevin Green Farm for a couple of nights during mid August 2013. We guarantee that you will get a warm welcome from Sarah & David at their lovely B&B - not just because the kettle will have probably just boiled! Sarah's excellent taste with the detail and country modern decor, and David's brilliant breakfast and spotless housekeeping were faultless. We felt really at home during our visit, and would definitely recommend a stay! Right down to the honesty box treats, the dinky fresh milk in the fridge on the landing and the quality teas/coffees in the room. The Website is spot on too!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank paulandalison2001
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Words can not express how beautiful and charming this place really is. Chevin Green Farm's décor is tasteful, modern and spotlessly clean. Their hearty home cooked breakfast is delicious, setting you up perfectly for the day's adventures. A beautiful location for such a peaceful break away; however there are lots to do around the area and superb evening restaurants close too hand. We also loved George's fish and chips!
We cannot recommend Chevin Green Farm enough it is a faultless place to stay.
Sarah and David provide a warm welcome every time we visit.
Already booked in for next year!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Natalie565
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belper
Makeney Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Horsley
Bridge Hill House
Bridge Hill House
#1 of 10 in Belper

Been to Chevin Green Farm B&B? Share your experiences!