“"Amazing time "”
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Swim Spa over looking fabulous rural views
Hot Tub on a large decked area with rattan sofas and swim spa heated all year.
James Dean Bedroom with Bluetooth Juke Box!
Walt Disney Bedroom every house should have one of these!
Audrey Hepburn Bedroom
Judy Garland bathroom
Hollywood House main entrance
Impressive  entrance gates to Hollywood House
Marilyn Monroe Bathroom
Judy Garland Bedroom
Impressive Entrance to Hollywood House
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Keaneycal
blackpool
“"Amazing time "”
Reviewed 13 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015
person found this review helpful

This place has not long been open & we booked it near on a year ago for my dads 80th Birthday Bash before the renovations had hardly started .
We were apprehensive as we didn't know whether the place would be completed on time but it was and on the whole things went without a hitch . We had a marvellous time and the facilities were great , simply perfect.
We stayed in the Frank Sinatra room which was nice with good quality beds , linen and although we shared a bathroom the quality was excellent with Amazing shower & décor . There were a couple of niggles like no mirrors in the bedroom to dry/brush your hair or a litter bin to dispose of rubbish yet theres plenty of room to do so. Also no hooks to hang your towels / robe in bedroom or shower room . Maybe they havent got round to it yet also think when your paying such high prices for a non ensuite room with shares facilities that robes could be provided . I also think a seperate bar drinks area with chillers would be beneficial as it was difficult to organise food in the main Kitchen when its being doubled up as a bar .
These are just my observations but wouldn't let it deter me from scoring 5 stars as the venue is amazing and the surroundings in which it is set are stunning . Would love to return in the future and would recommend to anyone looking for a special weekend venue . Julia was very helpful throughout the process - A life changing weekend .

" Kerrys Dad "

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The Pools
Liked least: shared bar / kitchen facilities
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
baldersDe...
derbyshire
“Amazing”
Reviewed 9 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

We stayed here for my grandads 80th surprise birthday party - Its beautiful & everyone was so pleased with this venue.The dining conservatory is huge & was perfect for our large gathering. The hot tub and spa pool was great and the log cabin is just wow - the bedrooms are AMAZING and we was all so sad to leave. Julia was great with communication as I asked her so many questions & she replied everytime without fail. We shall absolutly reccomend this venue & as a family we are considering using this venue once yearly to get together. Thanks so much for everything.Lots of great memories to be cherished from our stay in such a wonderful place.

lhemstalk
Onchan, United Kingdom
“Filthy and bad customer service ”
Reviewed 30 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

Bad customer service and very unorganised. Our evening entertainment nearly didn't happen. It was only when I called to confirm time of croupier that they realised that hadn't booked one!
I was only told that half the house would have boulders in once of booked and spoken to Julia many times - this wasn't mentioned. After I found out it was too late to change as we got married in July and out stay at Hollywood house was the day after we got back from honeymoon.

Dusty - as thick as a rug under chairs in lounge

All dishes,cups and utensils needed washing before use

Plunge pool full of dead bugs and leaves

Builders walking around

Spiderwebs covering chandeliers

When I reported my disappointment I got a response full of denial.

All my guests complained about something different.

The house looks impressive but is grubby inside. The bed sheets had been changed in the main house but in the garden room our sheets were old and dirty.

This was my husbands surprise 40th and the whole place was grubby. Not what I expected when the place has only just opened

I won't recommend!! We also had neighbours complained that they hated the house and the people that stayed in it. We were a family group with young children so they didn't mind is.

I'm not one to complain so when I expressed my disappointment I was even more upset to get a response full off denial to which I replied with more evidence of the complaints my guests made I got no response! Terrible customer service!!

Management Response
1 Sep 2015
As the reviewer has stated we wholly refute the claims in this review, we specialize in large group bookings with 3 other established venues, the standard of the housekeeping in all the properties is exceptionally high. As this booking was during the week they were informed from the outset that the building work would be on going during their stay, they also visited Hollywood House in the months prior to arrival and were more than happy with their choice. Although a croupier had not been requested for this booking we managed to arrange this at very short notice. The statements made are clearly in sharp contrast to the reviews of other guests that have recently stayed at Hollywood House.
Hollywood House is now fully open with further photos of this fabulous house going on line shortly.
Rebecca S
“Absolutely amazing house and grounds”
Reviewed 20 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

I stayed at Hollywood house for my hen do with 20 ladies. The house exceeded all my expectations. The beautiful driveway up to the manor was surrounded by lovely gardens. On my arrival I was overwhelmed by the grand looking building. There was still work being done on the extension at the side of the house but this was well disguised by the decorative fencing of Hollywood stars. The house was impressive and large that the extension didn't bother us and was soon forgotten. There was plenty of room to relax in the grand sitting areas and the dining room was lovely and looked out over the country side. The kitchen had great facilities and it was easy to cater for all the hens. Each bedroom was well thought out and designed around famous Hollywood stars, the decor blew me away and I was absolutely amaze by the effort gone into all the detail. The rooms were clean and bathrooms were also decorated in the same theme. I couldn't fault the hot tub and plunge pool, it was fabulous looking out over the fantastic views. We all had a BBQ in the article cabin which was a fantastic experience and very cute. This is by far one of the best places I have ever stayed and it absolutely made my hen weekend! I would definitely recommend large groups to book Hollywood house if they want an experience of a life time.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The themed rooms
Liked least: The work being done on the conservatory
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
CC97Sheff...
Sheffield
“Perfect for a Gatsby themed 3th birthday weekend - for guests young and old”
Reviewed 30 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

We had a fantastic time at the Hollywood House, which we rented with 30 friends for a weekend. The photographs on the website do not do it justice and the house is enormous with perfect attention to detail in the themed bedrooms.

We had a party over the weekend and the cocktail waitress recommended by the owners was brilliant we also enjoyed the casino and hot tub.

Can wait to return when the enlarged house is complete!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Becky3688
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Hollywood Hen Weekend!”
Reviewed 29 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

Just returned from a weekend here to celebrate my best friends hen weekend. What a fantastic venue, a real WOW factor and I think its fair to say everyone had a brilliant time.
All the rooms have been themed so well and the attention to detail is wonderful. To top it off the croupier we had on the saturday night was fantastic.
Also for the Saturday we organised for our meal to be prepared by Upper Crust Caterers in Ashbourne. Chris our chef was absolutely amazing, he made the organising so easy and was always available on the end of the phone to answer any questions we had. The food was outstanding, i can't thank and reccomend him enough!
Thank you to Julia and her team at Ashbourne self catering for a wonderful weekend

BlundellS...
Cheshire, United Kingdom
“A WOW venue!”
Reviewed 14 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

Stayed at Hollywood House as part of a hen weekend. As you drive up to the property all u can say is WOW. The entrance is spectacular, the rooms unique and beautiful, the kitchen well equipped, the casino room and croupier provided are out of this world and the views from the pool and hot tub are breathtaking. Julia and her team were professional and very helpful from start to finish. If you want luxury accommodation with the wow factor then book Hollywood House

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing