I stayed at the Waltzing Weasel in the Peak District this summer and was very pleasantly surprised. I stayed in one of the smaller rooms, but it was still a good size, with lovely furniture and a big bathroom with a bath and shower. The hotel also has free wifi, a sunny garden, fantastic food and a view of the Kinder Scout. As if that wasn't enough, the owner is delightful and couldn't have been more helpful. I was traveling alone, but I didn't feel awkward at all.
The hotel is located near to Hayfield, where there are tea shops and pubs, and you can walk to the National Trail from the door.
I would recommend this hotel for business trips or holidays in the Peaks. I will certainly be going back soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Waltzing Weasel now with new owners since May 2013. The bedrooms has gone through a refurbishment and is now run a family as a Bed and Breakfast. The Waltzing Weasel historically dates back nearly 400 years and is ideally located in the walking country of the High Peak in the Peak District. Situated along side of the Sett Valley Trail, views of Kinder Scout and surrounding hills and moors can be enjoyed. The Waltzing Weasel makes an ideal venue for families, visitors, walkers, cyclist or stressed business people who want to chill and be pampered. Guests can relax in one of the eight luxurious bedrooms with en-suite. The Grande bedroom (Room 6) has a beautiful 300-year-old Jacobean half tester bed and leather settee for that added comfort. All rooms and public areas have free WiFi access. The Waltzing Weasel's offers breakfast in one of the best room in the house overlooking views of Kinder Scout. There is a courtyard and a pleasant garden where you can sit and enjoy the beautiful setting. The Waltzing Weasel's aim is to provide a civilised retreat for those looking for a welcome break. We are located only forty minutes away from Manchester and its international airport, and are in easy reach of Sheffield, Stockport, Buxton and Glossop. Those who enjoy walking or cycling or just relaxing in the countryside will be delighted with the location of the Waltzing Weasel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Book Direct Rooms, Hotels.com, Expedia and Ebookers so you can book your The Waltzing Weasel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Waltzing Weasel Hotel Birch Vale
- The Waltzing Weasel Birch Vale, Derbyshire