“Still here”

Spring Cottage Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Castle Donington
Spring Cottage Guest House
York, United Kingdom
“Still here”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I have now been staying at Spring Cottage since February 2013 ,my stay has constantly been excellent, excellent food ,superb rooms and always exceptionally clean ,this really is my home from home , I have just had a weeks holiday and I am looking forward to going back whilst i work down there, something you cant say about a lot of places ,if you wish to meet great friendly people then Spring Cottage, and Peter and Margaret (owners) is for you ...

Bruce.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice !!!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
springwaterflows, Owner at Spring Cottage Guest House, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you, we very much appreciate your kind words, and it has been a pleasure having you stay with us, we have enjoyed your company and your humour. Thank you again for taking the time to review us, we are so pleased you have enjoyed your staying with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Potton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014

stayed at this B&B last night, arrived at 10pm and was given tea, biscuits and made to feel welcome. Comfy bed, lovely en-suite and the room was beautiful. really nice quirky ornaments, crockery and cutlery. Breakfast was delicious and both owners were really welcoming (I'm a Londoner, we are not used to this!). It really was faultless and spotlessly clean. I don't usually write reviews but businesses struggle in these times and if you find a good one then I believe you should let others know.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Dbrien
Thank you so much, we were delighted to read you enjoyed staying with us.
KOLKATA
Reviewed 25 December 2013

I have been in this guest house from 24.11.13 to 20.12.13 during my stay at Castle Donnington East Midlands.I would say Peter & Margaret,the owners of this guest house are just awesome,mind blowing people.I did not saw any thing out of order during my stay.I can rate them equivalent to any 4 star Hotel.Breakfast,House keeping & all other services are just absolutely right.Moreover the charm & the warmth in Peter & Margaret's behavior made my stay in a new place away from India could not be much better...not a single moment I felt that I am out from my country..Many many thanks to these two people who manages this property & wishing them a Merry Christmas & Happy new year 2014..will surely come back to this place if I visit again to Castle Donnington!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
springwaterflows, Owner at Spring Cottage Guest House, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Thank you, your very kind, were pleased your home safe and sound. We enjoyed your stay with us and hope one day to see you again, thank you once again for you time and thoughtfulness in our review
Essex, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

Warmest of welcomes, clean, comfortable and wonderfully decorated room. Will certainly stay here again for my next business trip to the area. Margaret and Peter are superb hosts, very well looked after.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank John H
Astwood Bank
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Our first visit to Spring Cottage but not our last! We were made most welcome, our room was superb with many touches that are only found in good hotels, like bottled water and a variety of teas and coffees available in the room, with fresh milk on our arrival. The bed was as comfortable as any we have slept in and the ensuite bathroom was a pleasure to use as it was properly designed. The breakfast was excellent and fit for a king. Thank you Margaret and Peter for a most enjoyable stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
springwaterflows, Owner at Spring Cottage Guest House, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Thank you for your review, we appreciate the time you have taken and your kind comments, we hope to see you again.
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Well what can I say, after numerous attempts to book here and always being fully booked, I now understand why this is so. The cottage is lovely, our room was clean and cosy and the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in at a bed and breakfast. The room is also filled with many extras, such as bottled water, a lovely hospitality tray with an excellent choice of items and biscuits, even toiletries are provided.The breakfast was excellent all served at the same table which I did enjoy, good quality and plentiful, even a very relaxed checkout where we were told to take your time, when you are ready to leave. Margaret and Peter were very friendly, so thank you once again for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Don't have any tips as I am sure all the rooms would be special
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
springwaterflows, Owner at Spring Cottage Guest House, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Thank you so much for your review. It is always a great pleasure to know our guests enjoyed their stay with us, and we look forward to seeing you and your husband again in the future, thank you once again.
Hinckley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Lovely warm welcome when we arrived, room was hot due to weather but Peter could'nt have done more for us to make it comfortable. Beautiful rooms to stay in, and Margaret's breakfast is wonderful! Our 2nd stay at Spring Cottage....certainly not our last! FAB!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
springwaterflows, Owner at Spring Cottage Guest House, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Thank you so much for your excellent review, look forward to seeing you both again kind regards margaret