Stayed here on 23rd October prior to a business meeting, check in was dreadfully slow as staff chose to serve bar customers before checking folk in.
Allocated to a clean room, however a bit shabby in bits and could do with a refresh of curtains and carpets etc, with a whole 2 teabags is a bit miserable.
On a positive note, bar not over priced and good selection of drinks, and a pool table, how many Hi Expresses have a pool table - good call..
Breakfast, well as my headline says it is what it is and was what it was, whilst I appreciate there are hot items on offer, sausage, beans and scrambled eggs don't float my boat - nothing wrong with the hot options, but tinned peaches! Tinned peaches are a desert and not breakfast materials - unlike other Sommerston Hotels, I missed the Grapefruit, perhaps this could be introduced as not everyone wants tinned fruit in syrup, but there was also sliced tom & jerry cheese, and yoghurts - so fair choices, just lose the pudding for breakfast.
At check-out, I was informed of the car park charge, strange my car was parked up at Glasgow Airport and I indicated at check in I had no car, hmmm I wonder how this happened, must have been an error because when questioned it was removed without question or checking check in card – surely not underhand tactics – surely not, I hope not..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to contemporary Holiday Inn Express hotel at East Midlands Airport. With a great location, comfortable public areas & air conditioning in all guestrooms, you re sure of a great visit. We're just one mile from the airport and 35 miles from Alton Towers. Each of our 90 newly refurbished guestrooms have air-conditioning and free Wi-Fi. Family rooms can accommodate up to 2 adults & 2 children under 12 & feature a double bed and pull out sofabed, flat screen TVs, an en-suite with power shower, hairdryer & tea/coffee making facilities. Breakfast is included so you can help yourself to the Express Start buffet. For your convenience we also offer on-site car parking packages. The Holiday Inn Express' location is perfect for meetings with both the M1 Motorway & East Midlands Airport just minutes away ensuring easy access for delegates. Nottingham East Midlands Airport is served by major airlines including Jet2, Ryanair and Thomson so we regularly welcome international guests for meetings in our 4 conference rooms which can accommodate up to 40 delegates. The Great Room is an informal place in which to relax with breakfast, chill out with a drink from the bar or enjoy an evening meal from our tasty menu. Our hotel is also a great location for visiting Derby and Nottingham, Donington Park Race Circuit, Donington Open Air Market, the Peak District or Alton Towers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Odigeo, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport Hotel Castle Donington
- Express Castle Donington
- Holiday Inn Derbyshire
- Castle Donington Holiday Inn
- Express East Midlands Airport
- Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport Castle Donington, Derbyshire