Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport
Donington Manor Hotel(Castle Donington)
US$206
US$169
Jurys Inn East Midlands Airport(Castle Donington)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$100
US$114
US$110
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hilton East Midlands Airport(Castle Donington)
US$99
US$89
Priceline
  • Restaurant
US$158
US$97
Premier Inn East Midlands Airport Hotel(Castle Donington)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$116
US$99
Priceline
TripAdvisor
All reviewsstayed herebeanseast midlands airportjet parksfree breakfastcar parkan early flightan overnight staybreakfast is servedparking chargeovernight parkingair consofa bedyogurtbooked this hotelthe hotel is cleanper night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We used this hotel as a stop over to Alton Towers and that I've always liked the Holiday Inn/Express brand. The hotel was clean, modern, and had friendly and efficient staff both at check in and check out. We had a cracking room rate of £36 which included a good breakfast.

The hotel is situated close to the airport but with secondary glazing, any noise is kept to a minimum. The rooms are very clean and modern with tea/coffee making facilities, ample towels, and a nice flat screen HD TV. The beds were very comfortable and I had a good nights sleep. Some rooms have options of being adjoined which is handy for larger families. The room size is average, but would be sufficient for 2 adults and 2 small children for example. The free wi fi is a nice touch and the breakfast was very good with a good selection of hot/cold foods, basically there is something for everyone. The only feedback I would give is to consider some warm cinnemon rolls and/or a pancake maker, the latter can be found at some Holiday Inns that I've stayed at.

I would definately recommend this hotel and would stay here again. Well done HIE.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Superhoop68
Reviewed 26 March 2014

This was the first time that I have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express It was a one night stay at an airport. Over the years I have used "regular" Holiday Ins and have been well pleased with them. This was a whole different experience. The room was tiny and the double bed small. The bathroom had a very large shower cubicle (which was good) but was totally out of proportion with the rest of the room.

My wife and I went down to the dining room and ordered a single course each. It took 50 minutes to arrive!

When I checked out the next morning, the receptionist asked me if everything had been OK. I told that was not the case. To her credit she refunded the cost of the meals.

As I said at the beginning, this was my first experience of a Holiday Inn express. It will be my last!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
HIEMA_Deputy, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Mentorex,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel.

We are truly sorry to hear that your stay did not live up to your expectations and previous experience of full-service Holiday Inns. Our goal is always 100% guest satisfaction and we are saddened that we did not achieve this for you on this occasion.

Regarding you dinner experience, I have investigated this and on the night in question it seems our restaurant was extremely busy with several large groups eating which caused the waiting time to be much longer than usual. This however is obviously not an excuse for your extended wait and I can understand your frustration. I am glad to see though that your meal was refunded on departure and hope this provided some form of compensation.

I really hope when your plans call for another hotel stay you will take the opportunity to give one of hotels a second chance, and truly appreciate your comments as they are taken very seriously and will assist us in improving.

Kind Regards,
Darren
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Superb value hotel right next to East Midlands Airport. Checked in on Sunday before New Year and ended up having dinner there. Nice food, pleasant staff and all in all excellent value. Only downside is the charge for parking your car overnight.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
HIEMA_Deputy, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Dear David M,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel, it is greatly appreciated.

We are extremely pleased that you found our hotel to be excellent value and that you also enjoyed your evening meal with us. All of our staff work hard to ensure our guests have the best possible experience and it's always great to receive positive feedback.

We really hope to see you again at some point in the near future and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Kind Regards,
Darren
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Room for three made up and equipped for three people.....joy!!! It should be so easy but this is the only hotel that we have stayed to get it right and it really does make a difference. Even with the double sofa bed made up the room was large enough for our needs and spotlessly clean. The shower was excellent and tea and coffee facilities ample. In fact everything we needed. The continental breakfast was plentiful and we appreciated the early timing. With friendly and helpful staff we would not stay anywhere else when using this airport. Thank you to all concerned especially the housekeeping staff.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Stayed for a night before our flight to go on holiday. Very comfortable beds! Great nights sleep. Rooms were spacious, breakfast was ok, the staff were very friendly. Like EVERY hotel it would be nice to have more milk, tea and coffee in the room. Otherwise good!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family