“christmas treat”

Hilton East Midlands Airport
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I booked myself and my fiancée for an overnight stay for Christmas on 28/12/13.We were both looking forward to the get away, we booked in first impressions looked great until we got to the room. handle missing off the chest of drawers, two pieces of trim missing off the bath panel and wall vent not securely fixed (hanging out) then the final joke £3.95 for a bottle of mineral water, where most hotels water is complimentary. When asked by the receptionist about our stay we replied not very satisfactory and she was not at all interested and shoved car park fee back at us and said forget! which we thought was very unprofessional and rude.Leicestershire prices more like London prices.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,773)

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Very good hotel near East Midlands Airport which I would stay at again.The next time for more than one night to visit a number of attractions in the area. Very clean and staff helpful.Only down side was the bacon at breakfast whish was hard and had been standing for a while..Plenty of choice though !

Room Tip: May get some noise from M1 but we heard nothing
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Hilton is always high wrt services and my stay at Hilton east midlands in one among the many. Undoubtedly , the front desk provided their best services wrt details of indian restaurants and services at breakfast was very fast. Overall, I shall rate 4/5 wrt services . Though room is not so high wrt aesthetics but its quite a normal hilton hotel.

Room Tip: Go for it . its value for money
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 December 2013

stayed for 1 night only before my holiday, good rooms we was near the road but never heard a sound, I did not eat there so cannot comment on the food. but the service to the airport was excellent and on our return after a 8 hour delay (we got back at 1.30am) I rang the hotel for their bus to pick us up but they had arranged a taxi to take us back to the hotel to pick up my car, the staff was excellent and more than helpful
I will use this hotel again

Room Tip: all rooms seem to be the same
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I like staying in Hilton hotels. Previously I have chosen the Leicester Hilton because of it's convenience. Travelling up from Devon to collect our grandchildren who live nearby to spend a night with us, taking a dip in the pool, followed the next morning with the Hilton breakfast has proved to be a success. Happy grandparents, happy grandchildren. I chose Hilton East Midlands this time because they're pet friendly. It's true that the room we stayed in is looking a little dated now, however, it was clean, spacious and comfortable. The bed linen was crisp and fresh and the beds were very well made. Well done to housekeeping! The staff are welcoming and friendly. We were charged for breakfast twice, this was an oversight and was dealt with quickly and efficiently. I will most certainly be staying at this hotel again. It ticks all the boxes...

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I stayed here for five nights (being an airport hotel almost everyone seems to stay for one night only). I cannot fault the staff at all, they were outstanding. When I had problems with the wi-fi connection I was put through to an IT helpline and they diagnosed the problem - this makes a big change from the usual routine you get in hotels of being fobbed off whenever there is a complaint. The wi-fi problem resulted in my wi-fi fees being refunded which was excellent.

The rooms are in need of refurbishment - they were dated, with fixed head showers and a lack of sockets. In the five nights I was there I never did figure out the air conditioning system!

The biggest drawback to the hotel has to be the typical airport hotel "fleecing". Everything seems extra - the parking, the wi-fi (which would have been extraordinarily high had it not been refunded!) and the price of the food. The restaurant and bar is good but there is no denying that the bar food is painfully unimaginative and seriously overpriced for what you get.

I didn't use the gym or pool but they seemed very popular.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We stayed the night after a Christmas party and made a day of it by arriving early to chill out before hand ( even got in the room at 2pm, thank you) The rooms are a bit dated with dark wood furnishing and old fashioned bathroom but it was clean and comfortable. We booked on the telephone with the hotel direct and got a deal on the room and breakfast as we were going to an evening function in the hotel, all in all no fuss and no hassle. The breakfast was very good a buffet style with plenty of choice hot and cold and the quality was excellent as well. Just one last thing , all the staff were great, polite and friendly a nice change these days !

Room Tip: Try the hotel direct especially if attending a function
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castle Donington
Radisson Blu Hotel, East Midlands Airport
Jurys Inn East Midlands Airport
Jurys Inn East Midlands Airport
#5 of 7 in Castle Donington
Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport
Holiday Inn Express East Midland...
#4 of 7 in Castle Donington
Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel
Donington Manor Hotel
Donington Manor Hotel
#7 of 7 in Castle Donington
Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club

Been to Hilton East Midlands Airport? Share your experiences!