We have a family get together here a couple of times a year for the last few years. We are a large group of varying ages so we always came to Hiltons because of the swimming, easy access by car and the fact that you can get a good deal.
We have ended up sticking to the East Midlands Hilton because of the friendly staff, and central location for all the scattered family to get to. This year we came for Easter and again in May for a special 90th birthday.
We enjoy the lovely buffet breakfast, (they even put us in our own area on the same table now).
There is a good variety of cooked breakfast,cereals,cold meats cheese and fruit. They will also cook whatever eggs you would like (scrambled is usually on the buffet ).
Our room has been comfortable though the pull out sofa can sometimes be a bit springy for our growing son, last time they put in another single by accident and it was more comfortable for him.
Its usually pretty quiet though occasionally you'll get noise if there is a wedding or event on if guests are noisy going back to their rooms.
They have a bar and lounge at reception a relaxing area where you can have a drink or snacks but beware it is quite pricey. The restaurant serves evening meals but we have only been there when there is an offer on such as the Easter Buffet/Carvery which was very good value and an excellent children's buffet. We tend to pop down the road to the Vintage Inn chain or go into Kegworth to the great Indian Restaurant Ja ja Jees (highly recommended).
The pool is very nice open to members and hotel guests. It does not let children under 18 go in without an adult so if you are not swimming yourself an adult must still go in to sit by the edge and supervise. Some of our party are very responsible teenagers who found this a bit silly. We even saw a young couple where the man had to sign his partner in because she was 17.
All in all a good place to stay with friendly reception staff and a great concierge.They are really helpfu nothing is too much trouble.
It's the usual Hilton in that it is off a motorway junction so you cant walk easily to any "sights" but as most will have come by car its easy to get to sights in Nottingham,Leicester and Derby etc.
Oh and look out for the cute bunnies at night on the grass. They seem to have been trapped on the island that is the Hilton Hotel and seem quite happy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- IMPORTANT TRAVEL ADVICE: When travelling to the hotel and using a satnav, please search for the hotel name in the 'points of interest' or 'hotel search' section of your device. The reason is the hotel postcode covers such a large area that it can be imprecise on some devices. Please also note that if your satnav's maps are not up to date this can also cause misguidance, especially on tomtom devices. We strongly advise you to refer to our directions page on the hotel website ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton East Midlands Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton East Midlands Airport Hotel Castle Donington
- Hilton Hotel Derby
- Hilton Derby
- Derby Hilton
- Hilton East Midlands Airport Castle Donington, Derbyshire