Hilton East Midlands Airport
US$176
Hotels.com
Great 4.5/5
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport(Castle Donington)(Great Value!)
US$168
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Premier Inn East Midlands Airport Hotel(Castle Donington)(Great Value!)
US$136
PremierInn.com
Great 4.5/5
  • Restaurant
Donington Manor Hotel(Castle Donington)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,809 results
All reviewspark and flydeluxe roomeast midlands airportsat navalton towersholiday extrasleisure facilitiesfamily roomdays parkingwake up callpool and gymcar parkingreception stafflittle priceycourse mealone night stayexcellent hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 June 2014

First of all, there is no free internet access. This is annoying at a business oriented property such as this. My disappointment started from the moment my wife and I went to check in. I had previously rung the Hilton international reservation centre (United States?) to ask if they could ensure that a double room was requested. They said it needed to be requested through Hhonors as I had booked the room with a voucher. Hhonours, however was not open till 12 midday as they operate on USA central time office hours. I explained that I would not be able to call during the day and only early morning so the agent said they would do what they could to request a double room. On arrival at the hotel we were offered a twin room. I asked about moving to a double and the check-in agent told me that she had a double room but that I would need to pay an upgrade fee. I asked if there was anything she could do on the basis of being a silver member and that I had attempted to make arrangements via the call centre. The agent repeatedly said that there were, "no notes in the booking" and that I should have called the hotel directly, not reservations. I explained that I would have thought that the reservations agent might have told me that. She just shrugged and said that it was, "your choice" to stay in a twin room or pay an upgrade. I am disappointed by this attitude and lack of an attempt to recover the service failure I had experienced. It is the **way** I was dealt with that was most upsetting. We finally agreed to pay an upgrade fee so that we had a double bed (!) and were told there would be an 'upgrade package' in the room. This consisted of a miniature bottle of wine with one glass, a small jar of nuts and some jelly beans. There were two of us. The room attendant came with another small bottle of wine but saw the existing one and said, "you cant have two" and took it away again! So an upgrade package was provided that could only be enjoyed by one of the people in the room? Another service failure I feel. We decided to make a cup of tea instead. Unfortunately the milk capsules in the room were out of date and putrid. Called to reception for replacements which came. On checking the dates of the replaced milk, the were also out of date! Opened one and again it was soured. Called reception again. A few minutes later they said they had checked all the milk in their store and it was, "all out of date". They suggested they bring a jug of milk. I asked if the fridge in the room could be used to store it so that we had milk for the morning. I was told no and the only option offered was a bucket of ice on which to place the jug of milk! I was not made aware at any point during the booking process -that I would be required to pay £5.00 for parking at the hotel. I queried this at check-in and was told, "Well, it must have said it somewhere on the booking and anyway, you're lucky really because if you weren't staying here you would have had to pay about £25.00". Not exactly the customer-friendly response I would describe as helpful. I have stayed in Hilton properties all over the world and worked in the travel and tourism industry for more than 20 years (latterly as the GM of an airline which uses Hilton for crew hotels all over the world). I have to say that this experience is one of my most disappointing and will go some way to determining what association I have with Hilton in the future.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 1 June 2014

After reading other reviews I feel a little out of sync with others. The hotel was opened in1990 and in my opinion has not been upgraded since then. The reception area is like a motorway service station as it is used for many meetings and is not an area to relax. The room I had badly needed attention. The bed was the worst I have ever slept in including blood stained linen. Why would anyone put these on a bed? The room needed a coat of paint and some modern furnishings. The food was just ok but overall the service from the staff is excellent. That's how I saw it .

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2014

very good service,exactly what it says on the tin,driver turned up exactly on time to collect us and take to airport and was there within 10 minutes of our phone call to collect us to take back to collect our car would use again without question.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We got a good deal on the stay and park, so we only stayed here the night before we were due to fly.

I wish we were staying longer, this is a lovely hotel and all the staff are friendly. Rooms are spacious and clean.

Would highly recommend and we hope to visit again for a slightly longer visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Stayed here on way to Alton Towers - had a family room - 2 adults 2 children under 7

Fantastic room - staff are fantastic very friendly towards children free meals for them on the evening there is a buffett with prawn cocktail, soup or pate for starters, pasta, burgers, veg options with vegetables, and dessert - chocolate brownie, fruit, ice creams - all free when two adults eat - swimming pool great for the children to let off steam - would recommend for a break on journey to northern parts

Room Tip: Get onw away from elevators so not much passing noise past your door
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family