“Great stay and fly deals”

Hilton East Midlands Airport
“Great stay and fly deals”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed and used the park and stay option. I have done this many times before and it is always a great deal. The hotel is good but the food is very pricey. A group of five had burger and chips. The bill £110 wowee !! Still you can always take a meal deal with you. But the pick up and drop off at the airport is great. Try it. It will not dissappoint.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Korean first
Shrewsbury, England
Reviewed 6 June 2014

A very comfortable night pre a holiday flight. I booked two rooms one for myself the second for my son and his family both were very comfortable. We ate dinner in the bar area, the food was good but maybe a little more expensive than I expected, there are no other options though. I would recommend to family and friends.

Room Tip: We had rooms on both sides of hotel and neither were disturbed by noise.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Basingstoke
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a night as a stop over and location to motorway, all in all it is good but this hotel is really busy with people staying a night before flying off on holiday which made the hotel noisy, bar was busy and lots of small kids running about shouting so not relaxing place, spent the evening in my room. Wouldn't stay here again because of the noise. Every thing else was good and breakfast was excellent, bed comfy, room clean

• Stayed June 2014
derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Checked into the Hilton EMA,fIRST CLASS experience from arrival to departure and very handy for Donnington.Room comfortable and quiet.Staff helpfuland friendly.Dinning area bright and airy,With plenty elbow room.Breakfast was a grande feast which would satisfy ever palate and waistline.Bar prices reasonable.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Hotel staff were fantastic. Room excellent, large, clean and well supplied. Location to airport good. Transfers very efficient. Excellent value for money with the stay and car parking offer. A good nights sleep to start our holiday (the following morning).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Mombasa, Kenya
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

First of all, there is no free internet access. This is annoying at a business oriented property such as this. My disappointment started from the moment my wife and I went to check in. I had previously rung the Hilton international reservation centre (United States?) to ask if they could ensure that a double room was requested. They said it needed to be requested through Hhonors as I had booked the room with a voucher. Hhonours, however was not open till 12 midday as they operate on USA central time office hours. I explained that I would not be able to call during the day and only early morning so the agent said they would do what they could to request a double room. On arrival at the hotel we were offered a twin room. I asked about moving to a double and the check-in agent told me that she had a double room but that I would need to pay an upgrade fee. I asked if there was anything she could do on the basis of being a silver member and that I had attempted to make arrangements via the call centre. The agent repeatedly said that there were, "no notes in the booking" and that I should have called the hotel directly, not reservations. I explained that I would have thought that the reservations agent might have told me that. She just shrugged and said that it was, "your choice" to stay in a twin room or pay an upgrade. I am disappointed by this attitude and lack of an attempt to recover the service failure I had experienced. It is the **way** I was dealt with that was most upsetting. We finally agreed to pay an upgrade fee so that we had a double bed (!) and were told there would be an 'upgrade package' in the room. This consisted of a miniature bottle of wine with one glass, a small jar of nuts and some jelly beans. There were two of us. The room attendant came with another small bottle of wine but saw the existing one and said, "you cant have two" and took it away again! So an upgrade package was provided that could only be enjoyed by one of the people in the room? Another service failure I feel. We decided to make a cup of tea instead. Unfortunately the milk capsules in the room were out of date and putrid. Called to reception for replacements which came. On checking the dates of the replaced milk, the were also out of date! Opened one and again it was soured. Called reception again. A few minutes later they said they had checked all the milk in their store and it was, "all out of date". They suggested they bring a jug of milk. I asked if the fridge in the room could be used to store it so that we had milk for the morning. I was told no and the only option offered was a bucket of ice on which to place the jug of milk! I was not made aware at any point during the booking process -that I would be required to pay £5.00 for parking at the hotel. I queried this at check-in and was told, "Well, it must have said it somewhere on the booking and anyway, you're lucky really because if you weren't staying here you would have had to pay about £25.00". Not exactly the customer-friendly response I would describe as helpful. I have stayed in Hilton properties all over the world and worked in the travel and tourism industry for more than 20 years (latterly as the GM of an airline which uses Hilton for crew hotels all over the world). I have to say that this experience is one of my most disappointing and will go some way to determining what association I have with Hilton in the future.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
managerEMA, Front Office Manager at Hilton East Midlands Airport, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us your feedback and also for sharing your experience with me when we spoke on the phone.

Once again, please accept our apologies for what was not a good experience for yourself and also out of keeping with our Hilton tradition of friendly and proactive customer service.

I am grateful to you for insights into our profession of caring for our guests and taking guest engagement to the next level.

Look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

kindest regards
wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

we found this hotel excellent and had over night say for before hoilday the staff was so helpful and excellent value . The room were vey good food was excellent and good value and excellent service the location was great for the airport and the transfer was excellent

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Also consider these accommodations in or near Castle Donington
Radisson Blu Hotel, East Midlands Airport
Jurys Inn East Midlands Airport
Jurys Inn East Midlands Airport
#6 of 7 in Castle Donington
Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel
Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport
Holiday Inn Express East Midland...
#4 of 7 in Castle Donington
The Priest House by the River
The Priest House by the River
#5 of 7 in Castle Donington
Hallmark Hotel Derby Mickleover Court

Been to Hilton East Midlands Airport? Share your experiences!