“Excellent Hotel”

Radisson Blu Hotel, East Midlands Airport
Reviewed 1 June 2014

A top notch hotel and worth staying at when flying from the East Midlands Airport. The quality of the rooms and service was excellent - I would definitely recommend this hotel as one worthy of a visit. Also it is close to the M1 motorway and A500 dual carriage way so the road links are really good for getting around the region.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
Daniel K, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, East Midlands Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Hi Phil

Thank you very much for the 5 star review, really glad you enjoyed your stay.

Daniel

Write a ReviewReviews (1,524)

Reviewed 31 May 2014

My transfer from the hotel to airport could have been better. They were aware I was disabled and had mobility problems, but they dropped me outside arrivals. For someone without mobility problems that would be ok, but it took me 20-25 minutes to walk to departures and when I did arrive I was in quite a lot of pain and extremely tired. When I had reported to the airport assistant desk I was told I could have gone into arrivals and they would have pushed me round to departures. At least I now know for next time.
The staff at the hotel were very helpful and polite when I arrived back 2 weeks later, they even carried my luggage up to my room.
The kettle in my room didn't work so I phoned down to reception to report it. 5 minutes later someone arrived and replaced the kettle for one that worked.
The bathroom was really nice and modern with a massive shower.
The bed was one of the best I have ever slept in. It was massive and the big bonus was that I had it all to myself.
Would I stop there again?.........YES I most definitely would.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Hi Rainbow

Thank you so much for the great review. I'm sorry your transfer could have been better, as you probably noticed there is a great deal of construction underway at the airport and our minibus route to and from departures changes regularly and although we do try to keep informed of the current best route we do occasionally get it wrong.

On a more positive note I'm pleased the service you received from our team was good and you enjoyed a good night's i our lovely king size bed. We regularly get asked where we purchase them.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We stayed here as a family of 4 for one night in a junior suite.
The hotel has lovely decor - modern yet quirky. The rooms are just as pictured on the website - both kids shared the double sofa bed in the lounge area. My only criticism was the temperature of the room which was too hot despite knocking the temp down to low (there was no additional fan and unable to open a window).
Breakfast was lovely with great choice.The pool was very basic and uninteresting but served a purpose and the changing rooms far too small.
I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Hi Claire

Thanks for the great review, it is much appreciated.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed for one night, has everything you need and more. Nicely fitted clean modern rooms, good restaurant and bar and a pool as well. Prices were very competitive only downside is charging for parking.
Would use again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Daniel K, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, East Midlands Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Hi Mart166

Thanks so much for the fabulous 5 star review, we're really grateful. We do have to charge for overnight car parking but try to keep it as reasonable as possible at only £5.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed at the Radisson Blu East Midlands Airport on the 7th May 2014 for 1 night, before travelling to Florida the next day. On arrival to the hotel the receptionist that checked us in was polite and efficient. He took all our flight details and details for the shuttle bus, telling us he had booked us in for 8:30am pick up on our return trip.
My hubby had paid to upgrade our room due to celebrating our 2nd wedding anniversary, so we stayed the night in a business class room. The room was super clean and very stylish, I could have quite happily spent my 2 week holiday in that hotel room! The hotel had also left us a card and complimentary drinks in our room, as congratulations for our wedding anniversary which was a nice touch. The room had a run way view which did not affect us noise wise, even when planes were taking off and landing.
Due to arriving late at the hotel we had already eaten and just wanted to relax before our forthcoming journey, so didn't have time to use any facilities. The communal areas did appear well kept though.
We used the free shuttle service to the airport, which we found efficient on our outbound journey. The shuttle was ready to take us as soon as we checked out at reception, and dropped us off outside the departure check in. On getting out of the mini bus the driver told us we'd be picked up in the same area, all going well so far...
On arrival back to the UK we made our way to where we had been dropped off to find no shuttle bus. A little worrying baring in mind we had been told we were booked in for 8:30am, as we were there at the correct time, so we thought we'd wait around for a few minutes. After a further 5 minutes waiting my hubby phoned the hotel, only to be told we were supposed to use the complimentary phoned inside the terminal (which we never saw) to phone through for the shuttle. Why were we not told this on check in or when we were dropped off? Also why book us in for 8:30am pick up, and take our flight details if we were never going to be picked up unless we phoned? When the shuttle finally reached us 10 minutes later we were told she had been waiting for us near arrivals (not what we had been told on departure!), but luckily she had drove around to departures as she couldn't find us. So be aware you MUST use the phone in the terminal, otherwise you'll be left waiting (not what we wanted after a 8.5 hour flight!)

I would have given the hotel a 5* review if it wasn't for the poor communication, which left us slightly disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Spans88

Thanks for the very positive review despite the miscommunication with regard to your return transfer from the airport. We ask guests for their return flight details to get a general idea of the time they will require a transfer back to the hotel but as we can never tell how long it will take to clear passport control and baggage reclaim there is a Radisson Blu phone on the left as you exit the glass tunnel into the arrivals lounge so guests can call us when they require collecting. I'm sorry that this wasn't clearly explained to you by our Receptionist but pleased that the bus picked you up only 10 minutes after you called us.

On a positive note I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated the anniversary card. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel was packed with motor racing fans and a Saturday night wedding. Sounds like a recipe for a noisy sleepless night or two. Not a bit of it. The management organisation was the best and the vast reception and bar area was busy but relaxed. The restaurant,equally busy,was calm,the service 100% and the food excellent. The bedroom was very well appointed, the bed comfortable and everthing spotless. Breakfasts were excellent. The car park was close and it's gated security a bonus. All this and the cost per night most reasonable. We will stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: Book well ahead if possible-- it's the best hotel in the area.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Hi Tony

Thanks so much for the great 5 star review, it's really appreciated. I assume you were here for the World Superbike weekend wihch is really busy for us but I'm delighted that despite being so busy our food and service were of their usual high quality.

Pity the weather wasn't a bit better but maybe next year, hope to see you then if not before.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We always like to use park and fly when flying early morning and have stayed in various hotels.
The Radisson Blu, East Midlands Airport east a perfect choice,
New, modern, lovely well equipped room , nice atmosphere in the bar area and quick efficient check in.
The transfer to and from the airport was a smooth ,well organised journey, around 5 minutes!
We didn't eat at the hotel , so can't comment.
Will certainly use this hotel again, and can highly recommend it

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Roger C

Hi Roger

Many thanks for the great 5 start review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Castle Donington
Jurys Inn East Midlands Airport
Jurys Inn East Midlands Airport
#5 of 7 in Castle Donington
Hilton East Midlands Airport
Hilton East Midlands Airport
#2 of 7 in Castle Donington
Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport
Holiday Inn Express East Midland...
#4 of 7 in Castle Donington
The Priest House by the River
The Priest House by the River
#6 of 7 in Castle Donington
Donington Manor Hotel
Donington Manor Hotel
#7 of 7 in Castle Donington
Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, East Midlands Airport? Share your experiences!