“Excellent Overall Service”

Radisson Blu Hotel, East Midlands Airport
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Excellent Overall Service”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This has to be one of the best hotels when visiting Leicester - exemplary service I will most certainly use this hotel again! Rooms - very clean and very spacious, and good quality Value for money Very comfortable bed and pillows were of good quality Exceptionally clean Location is easy for airport, and access to motorway and traveling to Leicester

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Daniel K, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, East Midlands Airport, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Hi Lesley

Thank you for the great 5 star review, it's really good to know we looked after you so well and you enjoyed the 'exemplary' service'

Daniel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Went to an event recently at the Radisson it was a fantastic night, brilliant entertainment, lovely meal but was made perfect by the friendliness of your staff. Especially, everyone serving our meal and Sue on reception, nothing was too much trouble.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Hi EgMr

Thank you for the great 5 star review. I'm delighted our events team and Sue at Reception provided you with such good service and I'll be sure to thank them personally.

Hope to see you again soon.

Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Stayed here on the night before our flight and when we returned to the uk, so 2 nights total. Rooms are lovely, modern, cosy and comfortable with everything you need. All the staff are great, reception, bar and restaurant and maid, super service from everyone and they all take a pride in their work and actually enjoy their job.
Good choice at the bar, nice wine, it is typical airport hotel higher prices, but the service is great. We had the fish & chips on our first night, it was absolutely lovely and on second time, my husband had steak, expensive but nice, I had the duo of lamb it looked impressive, but I wasn't keen, but thats personal taste, nothing wrong with the excellent food.
Breakfast was the best for a long time, lovely fresh cooked full english, help yourself, all hot, the eggs are cooked fresh to your liking, the toast is lush and beautiful fruit and yogourt, the only thing I could fault in there was they took ages to clear the plates.
They have a nice outdoor seating area, weather permitting, you can see the planes landing. This is a top notch airport hotel, the shuttle service was great, it was FREE in the package, you have to pay everywhere else, the driver was lovely, the public toilets are spotless and posh, free wifi, all in all a great start and end to your holiday, fabulous, will definately stay here again without doubt.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Wendy T
Hi Wendy

Thank you so much for the fabulous 5 star review, it really is appreciated. I'm delighted to learn you will be staying with us again in the future and hope to see you then.

Nottinham
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Myself, my husband and 3 year old daughter stayed in the jenson suite prior to an early morning flight. We fly out of East Midlands a lot, but normally just get up early on the morning and drive to the airport. We decided to try the hotel and what a difference it made.

From check in to check out the hotel and staff could not have performed better. My daughter slept like a log, actually refusing to get up the next morning. This made flying so much more enjoyable.

We had a burger in the bar when we arrived, the food was delicious and presented very well. A nice glass of champagne helped wash it down!

We also ordered breakfast in the room, which was brought to us at exactly the time I requested. The food was delicious.

Check out was fast and efficient, which was handy as we were running late because of my daughter!

The shuttle to the airport was great, right on time, no messing about.

The hotel itself was very modern but welcoming. There was no noise from the airport considering how close you are. Next time we stay we will definitely be making use of the pool, gym and spa facilities. The rooms were spacious and modern, the bathrooms had everything you would expect from a 5 star hotel and more. The dressing room area was well equipped with ironing board, safe, coffee machine and mini bar.

We actually arrived on holiday feeling like we had already been away for a few days. The difference of leaving home when you are ready and not just getting up and rushing to the airport for us was amazing.

Can't wait to stay again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kate R
Hi Kate

Wow! What a great 5 star review, thank you so much. Really glad you enjoyed our Jenson Suite, it is a lovely room. Hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday as much.

See you next time

Oldbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Booked my wife, sister and mother in-law in to the Radisson for an early flight the following morning.

Staff, rooms and food excellent. They arranged a transfer to the airport at no charge.
all in all a brilliant way to start your holiday.

Room Tip: only a short distance to the Terminal but you would walk. the use of there transport was greatly con...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank DERYK l
Hi Deryk

Thanks for the great 5 star review, glad you all enjoyed your stay.

Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

A top notch hotel and worth staying at when flying from the East Midlands Airport. The quality of the rooms and service was excellent - I would definitely recommend this hotel as one worthy of a visit. Also it is close to the M1 motorway and A500 dual carriage way so the road links are really good for getting around the region.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Hi Phil

Thank you very much for the 5 star review, really glad you enjoyed your stay.

Shrewsbury, Shropshire, ENGLAND UK
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My transfer from the hotel to airport could have been better. They were aware I was disabled and had mobility problems, but they dropped me outside arrivals. For someone without mobility problems that would be ok, but it took me 20-25 minutes to walk to departures and when I did arrive I was in quite a lot of pain and extremely tired. When I had reported to the airport assistant desk I was told I could have gone into arrivals and they would have pushed me round to departures. At least I now know for next time.
The staff at the hotel were very helpful and polite when I arrived back 2 weeks later, they even carried my luggage up to my room.
The kettle in my room didn't work so I phoned down to reception to report it. 5 minutes later someone arrived and replaced the kettle for one that worked.
The bathroom was really nice and modern with a massive shower.
The bed was one of the best I have ever slept in. It was massive and the big bonus was that I had it all to myself.
Would I stop there again?.........YES I most definitely would.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Hi Rainbow

Thank you so much for the great review. I'm sorry your transfer could have been better, as you probably noticed there is a great deal of construction underway at the airport and our minibus route to and from departures changes regularly and although we do try to keep informed of the current best route we do occasionally get it wrong.

On a more positive note I'm pleased the service you received from our team was good and you enjoyed a good night's i our lovely king size bed. We regularly get asked where we purchase them.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Castle Donington
Hilton East Midlands Airport
#2 of 7 in Castle Donington
Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel
Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport
Holiday Inn Express East Midland...
#4 of 7 in Castle Donington
The Priest House by the River
The Priest House by the River
#5 of 7 in Castle Donington
Travelodge Nottingham EM Airport Donington Park M1

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, East Midlands Airport? Share your experiences!