“All I ever wanted”

Radisson Blu Hotel, East Midlands Airport
Winsford
“All I ever wanted”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I came up for download weekend to see Richi sambora and Aerosmith! I was by my self so was worried about getting back from the venue after but it was fine as the hotel supplied shuttle runs for a good price and was very easy to go to and from the venue.
Staff were very friendly meal was lovely.
If they have any one I like at the next download event I will stay again!
Those who I bored to tears about Bon jovi I did manage to meet Richi sambora the following week in London and got a photo as well

• Stayed June 2014
Daniel K, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, East Midlands Airport, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Hi Steel Panther

Thanks for the great 5 star review, I'm really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us for the Download weekend and look forward to seeing you again next year.

Daniel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

My wife and I have stayed here on a couple of occasions before embarking on holiday and found it to be an excellent start. We particularly like the fact that you can park at the hotel while away. A modern contemporary comfortable establishment, well located, and a 24 hour shuttle to airport 10 mins away. We had dinner here which was excellent.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Daniel K, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, East Midlands Airport, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Hi Geoffrey

Thank you so much for the great review, it's good to know we are looking after our regular guests and they keep returning. Hope you and your wife enjoyed your holiday and hope to see you next time.

Leicestershire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

We were attending a wedding at The Donington Park Farm Hotel on the 28th June. We had originally booked to stay at that hotel but after a closer look at the rooms and in comparison The Raddisson is much my choice and style. A very modern, plush contemporary hotel with a boutique effect!!, The reception is beautiful and so are the rooms. Very spacious with a bathroom that has two glass panels that you can see to the main room. Equipped with plenty of hangers and an ironing board and iron. Lots of storage to put your belongings including a safe. There is also tea/coffee facilities. The bed itself is humongous and is the best best I have ever slept in, quite a firm sleep but comfortable and that's was I like. The bathroom has a Drencher shower and comes with your little bottles of shampoo etc. We unfortunately didn't get chance to use the spa.

Now here is my only quibble - the breakfast was not what I was expecting which really can't go wrong with. On arrival into the breakfast room, all of the food holders were empty and we had to wait for everything. The bacon was awful it was like they'd left it in the oven for far too long and was as hard as the sole of a shoe!!! (Sorry!! Can't put it any other way). The coffee was like treacle and the tea was really weak. If the food was on par with other hotels of similar standard, I would have given it 5/5 but it's only a 4/5. I'm sure it's probably only a one off but don't let this put you off. It's a great hotel, very stylish and the staff very accommodating. Oh, parking costs £5 that's reasonable, but quite easily be included in the hotel price.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi Mitzimoo

I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay with us so much and especially the bed, we regularly get asked where we buy them. I'm sorry breakfast wasn't as good as the rest of your stay but I will look into it and see what we can do to improve.

In the meantime thank you for the positive review and please do feel free to contact me direct next time you wish to stay with us.

daniel.keane@radissonblu.com
England
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

All the rooms clean and tidy enough, facilities and location to airport and M1 and A50 great but a total lack of real understanding and flexibility. I was a pleasant summer evening when i stayed but was unable to open a window. They clearly open, handles and hinges exist bit have a child lock on the handle. When I requested the key to open the window at night I was told a bunch of excuses from health and safety to lost keys, to Maintainence manager won't allow the keys out etc etc. all I wanted was some fresh air in the room on a nice evening but had to do with the air con only. Many hotels allow open windows but it seems the radisson blue East Midlands wants us to burn power and get colds and flu with the air con only. If you like a window open don't stay here, and worse still be palmed of with a bunch of excuses.

I expect the manager to give a cheesy answer and excuse as he does for other negative entries but the only answer I want is an open window. Repeat, they do open but they won't allow it.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank NTSEngland
Daniel K, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, East Midlands Airport, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear NTS England

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Feedback, positive or less so is always welcome. Room 133, the room you were initially allocated is the only room in the hotel with a door (not a window) leading out to the flat roof beyond. This door is provided so that our maintenance team and external contractors can gain access to this flat roof. We are not able to provide the key to this door to guests for obvious health and safety reasons. I am truly sorry if this was not fully and clearly explained to you on the night.

Our hotel benefits from a state of art air handling system (not A/C) which generally operates very efficiently and provides a constant supply of fresh air, slightly cooled or heated depending on the time of year, to our rooms. I am sorry if the supply to room 133 did not meet your expectation on the night you stayed with us. You will be pleased to learn that the air handling to this room was thoroughly checked by our Chief Engineer the following day and was found to operating correctly.

I was pleased to learn from my team that you did later move rooms and were comfortable in the alternative room provided although I note that you seem to have omitted this from your review, merely an oversight I'm sure.
Once again please accept my apologies for the fact that our hotel did not meet your expectations along with my best wishes for the future.

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Stayed for one night before a morning flight from East Midlands airport and found the Radisson Blu to be a modern and well equipped hotel.

I would use again if I was flying from East Midlands airport.

Note that there is a £5 fee for car parking overnight.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi Boyce

Thanks for the great review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and would be happy to return.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Having stayed here on 28th june 2014 i just had to write about this place.
The hotel on first impressions is very good the reception with bar area and some seating spot on, the room we stayed in was just how i would expect very spacious with good fittings and a bed to die for, so very good experience, the only thing i could complain about would be the breakfast, not the best quality, bacon was shocking and alot of guests waiting for the stations to be re-stocked, for quiet a while i might add, fast food it wasnt but still the quality wasnt there.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Forest1972
Hi Forest1972

Thanks for the positive review and your kind comments about your room and bed. I'm sorry breakfast on the 29th wasn't up to standard, I've asked our Head Chef and Restaurant Manager to investigate why there were issues on this morning.

Richmond
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

I stayed for 1 night and was very impressed. Very friendly staff, exceptionally clean with beautiful decor. They have the happiest bus driver I've ever seen at 5:15am! Lol. Highly recommended and would definitely stay there again if I had to!

• Stayed June 2014
Hi Sorensie

Thanks for the great review, I'll be sure to thank our bus drivers.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Castle Donington
Hilton East Midlands Airport
#2 of 7 in Castle Donington
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,598 reviews
Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport
Holiday Inn Express East Midland...
#5 of 7 in Castle Donington
Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel
The Priest House by the River
The Priest House by the River
#4 of 7 in Castle Donington
Premier Inn East Midlands Airport Hotel
Premier Inn East Midlands Airpor...
#3 of 7 in Castle Donington

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, East Midlands Airport? Share your experiences!