Stayed here New Years Eve. We booked into the hotel on the way back from an appointment in Nottingham. We also booked a table at a local restaurant. The room was lovely large, separate from the Hotel and had a good large shower (no hairdryer though). The room was also a bit dark.
The weather was bad so we decided to drive to the restaurant and see the New Year in, in the Hotel Bar. However after seeing there was nothing festive about the Bar and the cheapest bottle of wine was £23.00, we ended up going to the local store after the meal out and seeing the New Year in,in our room.
Next morning we ordered two omelettes for breakfast, that took nearly an hour to materialize. There were no apologies.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in a tranquil and stunning location on the banks of the River Trent, The Priest House's history is a rich one that can be traced back almost 1,000 years. Built around a mill tower with its very own water wheels, this 42 bedroom hotel is perfectly placed for a romantic break, an exclusive conference venue or a picture perfect wedding. We've hand-picked a fine selection of food and drink to compliment the charm and romance of our English Countryside setting. Fine dine in our beautiful dining room or relax in our newly renovated and re-named Millstream Bar & Terrace where you can enjoy al fresco dining overlooking the River Trent in the Summer months. We invite you to come and relax and really feel at home with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Priest House by the River reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Priest House Hotel Castle Donington
- Priest Hotel Castle Donington
- The Priest House By The River Castle Donington, Derbyshire