The priest house is located down a dead end road on the outskirts of castle donington, but it's a road worth taking.
We found the service, hotel and food to be great, and would recommend friends to stay. However we did have had a couple of improvement areas,
- the room only had one usable plug socket, which meant we couldn't charge all our phones and other gadgets
- the door to a cupboard fell off during our visit, this should have been picked up by housekeeping prior to our visit
- we visited midweek and we're disappointed that whilst we were having breakfast a business meeting complete with laptops and heated discussion was occurring in the same room.
All in all though we had a great stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in a tranquil and stunning location on the banks of the River Trent, The Priest House's history is a rich one that can be traced back almost 1,000 years. Built around a mill tower with its very own water wheels, this 42 bedroom hotel is perfectly placed for a romantic break, an exclusive conference venue or a picture perfect wedding. We've hand-picked a fine selection of food and drink to compliment the charm and romance of our English Countryside setting. Fine dine in our beautiful dining room or relax in our newly renovated and re-named Millstream Bar & Terrace where you can enjoy al fresco dining overlooking the River Trent in the Summer months. We invite you to come and relax and really feel at home with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your The Priest House by the River reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Priest House Hotel Castle Donington
- Priest Hotel Castle Donington
- The Priest House By The River Castle Donington, Derbyshire