Jurys Inn East Midlands Airport(Castle Donington)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$71
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport(Castle Donington)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$83
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$93
Donington Manor Hotel(Castle Donington)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$121
Premier Inn East Midlands Airport Hotel(Castle Donington)(Great Value!)
US$75
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe cottagesmain buildingcottage roomhand picked hotelsthe fine dining restaurantbanks of the riverafternoon teasecret escapesscallopswedding venuetravelzoo dealwine listwedding guestswedding breakfastrelaxing breaksconestwo night stay
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

This place had thought of everything from a coffee machine in my room to a dressing gown. Really beautiful setting too. Nice and quiet for a good nights sleep. Brekkie was good but only had cold buffet as didn't want the hot but it looked good. Would highly recommend

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Gwyn J, General Manager at The Priest House by the River, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review following your recent stay with us. I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay and all aspects of the hotel. On behalf of myself and the rest of the team at the Priest House, we look forward to welcoming you all back to us in the future.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I had been meaning to visit for some time and finally managed a trip over this week. A stunning location helped by the beautiful sunny day. I took my mum for a cream tea in the brasserie. Although not the cheapest place for cream teas, we found the scones were delicious and as we received 2 each, plenty for a small lunch or large snack. I had read about the tea box and was not disappointed. We were able to smell a sample if the teas before we chose them and these were also of a good quality. The only two things we thought let this experience down slightly were that the cleanliness: carpet was not clean (food crumbs etc) and cobwebs were around the window; and the lovely staff sadly lacked confidence and/or experience so we were served our scones before we'd chosen our teas, tea box still on the table, tea was then served without cups, and I'd read that we would receive top-ups of hot water which did not happy even though we sat for some time and there was only 1 other table of customers so not busy. A lovely place, lovely food, would be excellent with these two things changed.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank MummyHG

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your guest experience. I was certainly disappointed to learn of your frustrations that you encountered during your visit with us as this is by no means the level of service we wish to deliver here at the Priest House.

Please be assured that I have shared your feedback with my colleagues so that they are fully aware of how you felt. Should you wish to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me directly via email gbjones@handpicked.co.uk

Reviewed 19 March 2014

We had our wedding at The Priest House on 22nd February and we felt it was important to let people know what a fantastic venue the hotel is. We stayed from the Friday to the Sunday and felt so looked after from start to finish. All of the staff at the hotel were so friendly and attentive, none of our requests were too much trouble (and there were a lot!) A special mention goes to Becci the in house wedding coordinator who was absolutely amazing in the run up to the wedding. Again, nothing was too much trouble and due to her fantastic organisation and attention to detail we never had any doubt that the day would run smoothly. On the day Emma looked after us and made sure everything went to plan, again; amazing! Unfortunately I cannot name all the staff but every single one of them were fantastic.

The food; on the Friday night we had a meal for 30 friends and family, a large table was set for all of us and made it feel really special. The food was absolutely beautiful and as I've mentioned a couple of times already, we felt very looked after! Equally, the canapés, wedding breakfast, evening buffet and breakfast on the Sunday morning were all amazing. Guests have all been commenting on how good it was.

The venue were very flexible when it came to requests for wedding entertainment and decoration which really was appreciated having heard horror stories from other weddings.

The rooms were also absolutely beautiful, I stayed in the Heron suite the night before the wedding which was perfect for getting ready in, especially with the extra room! Then we stayed in the Stocker Suite (i think that's what it's called, the one at the top of the spiral staircase), which was equally as beautiful. However, everyone was raving about the rooms from the single rooms to the suites!

The hotel has just the most idillic setting being beside the river and due to its secluded setting it is so serene. Just like the food, we have had so many positive comments from our guests about the hotel itself and the setting.

To summarise; thank you so much to all the staff at the hotel for the most perfect wedding a girl could wish for, I would recommend you to anyone! We'll certainly be back to visit soon.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

I do believe that many of our guests use Trip Advisor to obtain honest feedback from previous guests. It is always reassuring to read a review such as yours where it highlights the hard work all the team members do in order to make special experiences memorable.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Priest House Hotel in the near future when I can assure you of our very best attention.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Oh stayed here recently the food was just outstanding both at breakfast and the dinner experience has to be amongst my top 10! The room we had overlooking the river was just lovely, a perfect getaway, we were on route to the south of England so an ideal stop off, however, would definitely return to make a real stay of it. Staff attentive and very cheerful. Would definitely recommend a visit.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write a review. It was a pleasure for me to read it and I am delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your visit. I have shared your feedback with all of my colleagues and I know that they are pleased that their attention to your needs was appreciated.

Our Executive Chef, David was really pleased to read your comments about his food as he has worked hard to influence the menu and its dishes. That you enjoyed his food is a huge reward for his team's efforts.

I do hope that it will not be too long before you make a return visit to us.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

My wife booked us in for a night and paid quite a lot of money for one nights stay. The executive room is fairly small but clean and tidy. Not very executive though. Putting a chair in front of the TV does not make it executive in my eyes. Our room was on the same floor as a wedding reception who we're making a lot of noise but it was manageable. I would think it would have been wise to put non wedding hotel guests elsewhere! We went down to have a drink in the bar and this is where it all went down hill. The bar was disgusting. It stank and was full of glasses, cups, rubbish etc. the bar itself was full of half empty glasses and when our (very expensive) drinks were given to us the barmaid had to push the glasses aside to make room. At NO point was any explanation or apology given for the state of the bar. We went to sit down and was told by another couple that we need to clear our own table as they had done. We did this but then asked someone to clean up at our table. 15 minutes later we had to ask again to get it done. They were cleaning the tables where no one was sat.
We had our table booked in the restaurant and went in to a room 2 thirds full. The staff were very pleasant but only offered us one menu as they "didn't have enough". This seemed very poor for a restaurant that offers "fine dining" and wasn't even full. Top tip. Count the number of places you have and make enough menus to go round. In fact be old fashioned and make a couple extra.
To be fair, the food was excellent. No complaints there at all. Top marks to the chef. We had to ask for our complimentary bottle of champagne as it wasn't in our room on arrival and seemed to set the theme. We had to ask for everything, we had to push to get an answer and that's not right in a hotel of this so called standing. We saw one couple get up and walk out of the restaurant as they were not happy.
Breakfast was similar. One menu between the two of us. We had to ask for certain items when they should have been out as standard, such as toast, croissants, sauce. The full English breakfast is again excellent so no complaints there. The staff are knowledgable and are polite and friendly but I think it's the management that let this place down. It needs to concentrate on the little things because they do matter.
Would I stay here again? NO definitely not. Would I recommend this hotel to anyone? NO definitely not.
Shame as it could be a fantastic little hotel.

Room Tip: Stay a few miles down the road.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Daniel B

Many thanks indeed for taking the time to post a review.

I would like to offer you my apologies for any shortfall or disappointment you experienced during your stay. I am thankful for your feedback and will be sure to use it to good effect. We receive some wonderfully positive feedback generally and I can only apologise that your experience has fallen short of our normally high standards.

I would be grateful, if you could spare the time, to contact me directly - as I would be happy to discuss your feedback with you further. My direct line is 01332 815301 or gbjones@handpicked.co.uk .