I have been meaning to write this review for months....
myself and my husband got married here at priest house hotel on 26th September 2013- It was the perfect day and everything was amazing. We were a loud bunch with over half of hour 107 day guests staying due to my husbands family being from ireland....
The food was fab and the hotel and wedding planners were great we had a lot of people with special dietary requirements. They were so accommodating and everybody (all 107 guests) had a meal that was fab and or there need! :-)
The evening do was great... bar is expensive but i guess hotel wedding its going to be... guess its just something to be aware of.... The buffet in the evening was fab- there was so much food and people are still talking about it.... I really recommend the pork pies!
The location was beautiful and we had what felt like a perfect summer day... Close to the airport so dead easy for the irish family to get to... but actually u feel like u are a million miles away from EMA.
The staff attended to every need.... some of our evening guests arrived early as they had traveled a long way and the staff found them seats and provided them with desserts. Chris was our master of ceremonies and he did a fab job. He so professional and helpful everyone commented how lovely he was.....
Becci and Claire were the wedding planners i worked with and they made my husband and i feel at ease and they were so on the ball and organised. The rooms used for the wedding were decorated by the staff according to the instructions we sent in and it was perfect, they put up all the bunting and table centers and sweet buffet as asked and they took everything down and packed it into boxes after.... honestly that was a massive weight off my shoulders everything was organised and coordinated it beautifully.
The rooms were lovely cottage rooms and the main hotel rooms are clean and well laid out. ... my only comment might be that the suite rooms are possibly a little tired in places and expensive. My husband and i got one as part of the wedding package so weren't to disappointed.
The morning after the wedding because there were lots of who had stayed they laid on a private breakfast for us and that was lovely, it was another chance to catch up with people before they headed off....
Our guests have been telling us its one of best wedding they have been to and we had some very hard to please people. So, for a wedding, this venue gets the biggest thumbs up from me and my husband. I often wish we could do it all again.....
We are heading to another handpicked hotel in May so we are really hoping it lives up the reputation that the Priest House did....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in a tranquil and stunning location on the banks of the River Trent, The Priest House's history is a rich one that can be traced back almost 1,000 years. Built around a mill tower with its very own water wheels, this 42 bedroom hotel is perfectly placed for a romantic break, an exclusive conference venue or a picture perfect wedding. We've hand-picked a fine selection of food and drink to compliment the charm and romance of our English Countryside setting. Fine dine in our beautiful dining room or relax in our newly renovated and re-named Millstream Bar & Terrace where you can enjoy al fresco dining overlooking the River Trent in the Summer months. We invite you to come and relax and really feel at home with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your The Priest House by the River reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Priest House Hotel Castle Donington
- Priest Hotel Castle Donington
- The Priest House By The River Castle Donington, Derbyshire