The Priest is undeniably the nicest hotel in the Midlands, if you're looking for a beautiful, relaxing, comfortable, inviting property then this is for you.... From the long driveway, parking by the river and getting your first view of the original mill, its stunning. The reception staff are just superb, great service with nothing being too much trouble. We've stayed there at least one weekend a year since getting married there 3 years ago, our most recent stay on our wedding anniversary.
The hotel staff know us by name and look after us so well. The most recent visit they upgraded our room to the suite we had on our wedding night, a glass of champagne before our dinner and the option to have the restaurant menu in the cosy bar area... nothing is too much trouble to make you feel at home.
All the rooms are lovely, they have the main hotel rooms and the cottage rooms which are slightly cheaper but still lovely. The bar area is just perfect with an open fire and comfy chairs. The bar menu has changed recently but the food is lovely and reasonably priced.
Weather its sunny or snowing the Priest house is a guaranteed great weekend away. A walk by the river in the sunshine or a mulled wine and mince pie by the fire in the snow.
A buffet continental breakfast with a full english breakfast cooked to order either on your room or served in the restaurant, good quality produce, served freshly cooked.
I can't recommend this hotel enough, if you want somewhere easily accessible from the motorway, with a welcoming, relaxing vibe you won't be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in a tranquil and stunning location on the banks of the River Trent, The Priest House's history is a rich one that can be traced back almost 1,000 years. Built around a mill tower with its very own water wheels, this 42 bedroom hotel is perfectly placed for a romantic break, an exclusive conference venue or a picture perfect wedding. We've hand-picked a fine selection of food and drink to compliment the charm and romance of our English Countryside setting. Fine dine in our beautiful dining room or relax in our newly renovated and re-named Millstream Bar & Terrace where you can enjoy al fresco dining overlooking the River Trent in the Summer months. We invite you to come and relax and really feel at home with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your The Priest House by the River reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Priest House Hotel Castle Donington
- Priest Hotel Castle Donington
- The Priest House By The River Castle Donington, Derbyshire