“My Amazing Wedding!”

Birmingham UK
“My Amazing Wedding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

My husband and I had our wedding here in April '14

For us there was no other venue we wanted due to the hotel being on the same ground as the Download festival (where the proposal happened)
knowing that so much rested on the venue being perfect, we did come to Shelly and her team with a big ask and we couldn't have asked for a better day.

the venue is perfect - not wanting to get marred in a church, we held our service there, had cocktails in the courtyard, a beautiful meal of venison and cheese cake in the pig sty, more drinks in the bar then the reception in the barn, with a stage area for our band to play.
So many of our guest said how much they loved the venue. By having the bar area, the courtyard and the barn for the evening this meant our guests could sit and chat, go and dance or enjoy the games we set up in the bar rather than all being in one room with the loud music we chose playing, so there was something for everyone.

If you want a posh hotel wedding, don't come here, but if you want a venue that has plenty of charm, but with places to add your own touches this is the place!
the rooms are a little expensive for the night, but they are large, comfortable and the Farm house breakfast is lovely.
Shelly and her team where amazing, after 18 months of planning and Shelly having to reply to my million of emails they really made the day feel like it was the most important day to them too, and to me this was priceless.

For a homely, rustic style wedding with lots of places to take interesting photos, great food and a laid back feel my husband and I can't recommend Park Farm enough.

We're just sad we won't be popping back every few months as we did last year to go over the plans!

Room Tip: Room 24 was massive and perfect for any bride getting ready for her big day! Some rooms are up a s...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank VickyBirminghamUK
EmmaZwozny, Manager at Donington Park Farmhouse Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We're delighted to hear from you and so glad that you enjoyed your day. We can see the Download festival being built through the trees for this year already. You are more than welcome to pop in anytime, and we love to see pictures!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Really enjoyed our wedding celebrations here, unfortunately this view is not shared by two of my guests but I fail to see how, I found the beds were comfy, so much so I had the best nights sleep I have had in years which not many brides can claim the night before the big day!! and the service was fantastic, yes it was a little staggered (due to my mothers request) the evening before and at times things went to a table 2 ft away from the right table but with around 20+ of us taking over the main dining room I'm not surprised as they cook on a beautiful aga! I really appreciated the fact that our starter was there for us when we sat as the last wedding I attended I was on a table that got served almost last so while other guests were finishing theirs we had only just started, I appreciated the fact we could all start together, I also found it lovely that the vegetarian option was open to anybody as again the last wedding I attended I was given no choice at all and the cold gloopy pie and chips were much closer to school dinners in my personal opinon. I thought the freshly made profiteroles were fantastic although could have done with a splash of pouring cream but other than that were lovely, unfortunately I didn't eat all of my meal as my tummy was already filled with butterflies from the beauty of the day but I can tell you t is a choice I have regretted since, I have dreamed about that indoor bbq and lovely pie!! I also had a guest with special dietary requirements she was well catered for and as far as I know very happy with her gluten free meal! I found the staff fantastic, always smiling and chatty and checking if we needed anything at all the rooms were beautiful and everything was clean and comfy my only down side was that my egg at breakfast on the wedding day was slighltly overdone but it's really nothing to write home about, I would definitely come again and definitely recommend to other people and I do not feel any corners were cut due to it being midweek, I felt like a princess all day and I am just saddened that I have family who could not see that!

Room Tip: The courtyard annexes were fabulous, large rooms with plenty of character and a feeling of heightene...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your lovely review about a really delightful day! Best wishes to you both for the future from all at Donington Park Farmhouse.
Bradwell, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Some people would not choose to have their wedding breakfast in a converted pigsty and evening celebration in a converted barn. The word converted probably gives away the fact that the initial reaction is very far from the truth. What a wonderful day we had. Beautiful place, brilliant meal (local venison) and plenty of room for everyone to dance or talk if they wished. At so many venues it is impossible to talk as the music drowns out the conversation. Not here, we had a barn dance in the converted barn which links to the bar area which has plenty of seating for those who don't want to dance at a particular time. Would highly recommend to anyone who wants that style of wedding.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
EmmaZwozny, Manager at Donington Park Farmhouse Hotel, responded to this review, 13 October 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We always find that a barn dance is a fantastic way to get people to mix together!
Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Absolutely fabulous! The only way to describe this place for my youngest daughter's wedding. It was chosen for its location in Central UK so all friends & family could attend. Wedding planner was friendly & professional, food wonderful, staff helpful, setting excellent. You can put your own stamp on the blank barn canvas to personalise the day. Many thanks to all. We would all recommend this venue.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
EmmaZwozny, Manager at Donington Park Farmhouse Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your delightful review, we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you all back very soon.
Leicester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Wonderful wedding venue. My close friends had their wedding there on Monday. Food and surroundings lovely. Staff very efficient and very friendly. The only thing that put a damper on things was that we stayed the night in the main hotel, the room was very lovely, spacious and very clean but every time someone put the tap on or shower on the boiler made a terrible noise for about 10mins. It was ok at first but all through the night you just nodded off and it started again. Please do something about the plumbing !!! If we had stayed another night we would have requested a different room. My friend was in the room down the hall and she said the same. Other than that it was fine. The lovely cooked breakfast made up for it a little bit.

Room Tip: Dont stay in room 5 or 6 if you want some quality sleep
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Next40
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am so glad that you enjoyed the wedding. We are currently most of the way through installing a Biomass boiler so that we can provide all of the heat and hot water across the site from wood chips from our very own trees, all very exciting!
burton on trent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Had our wedding here on 22nd of April 2014, couldn't have asked for a better day, staff were attentive and couldn't do enough for you, the food was beautiful and catered for vegetarians no questions asked, the venue itself was clean, well presented and looked after, gardens well looked after, didnt have to do anything to the barn as it had enough 'character' in its own rights, would recommend this highly to anybody, cheers guys

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your review, it really is great to hear from guests who have experienced a wedding here, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

I recently attended my best friend's wedding here so had the pleasure of a 2 night stay! Having not been inside before I can only say wow! It is a perfect venue for a wedding or celebration, this was held in the barn (?) and pigsties which only added to the charm. All the bride and groom's personal touches were able to be added which made the day even more specially. The food throughout my stay was excellent and the service was also excellent, right down to the housekeeping - we left the room in a right state after getting ready for the service and on my return I even found our belongings put back into the open boxes and bags! I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone wanting somewhere special and different.
Just to add my partner camped on the 1st night and he said the pitch was excellent, and the services on the site were easily accessible and clean.
footnote: the extra reviews further down: there's no fitness centre or pool so disregard the rating! (sorry!)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We were delighted to have you all here, and what fantastic outfits! Looking forward to seeing you again soon.