Rushop Hall
Travelocity
Average 3/5
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
Navigation Inn(Buxworth)
Great 4.5/5
All reviewspepper potone nightharris roompeak districtevening meallog burnerjug of fresh milkb bhomemade breadlight switcheshuge showerpennine bridlewayconverted barnstunning viewspeaceful locationtwo nightstwin room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Thank you to Jan and Neil for a very welcoming stay, everything was perfect for us, one night wasn't enough!
Hope to return soon to try out the cottages next time.
Rooms were spotless and comfy for a good nights rest.
The evening meal was delicious (especially the spicy butternut squash soup)
Breakfast was cooked fresh and kept us full all day. All in all it was a lovely tranquil night away from our children for our second wedding anniversary!
Nothing to fault! Highly recommended.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank foxy228
Reviewed 20 October 2013

While the stay was good, I left a toilet bag there and have been attempting to get it returned for 6 weeks, and have been told in writing that they will try to return it when they have time. The owners wrote that the my property has little value and probably will not be worth the postage!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Andrew P
Ollie002, Owner at Rushop Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Andrew stayed with us over the weekend of 6th September to celebrate the 60th birthday of a friend of his who has stayed with us on many previous occasions. 13 gentlemen stayed in total, booking all of the available accommodation.Andrew was put in a twin room (not by us but by the gentleman who booked all of the accommodation). He complained bitterly and quite rudely to my 16 year old daughter, who showed him to his room, about being put in the twin room to share with another of the party. His luggage was also lost by the German airline who brought him to England which did not put him in the best frame of mind although he seemed happy enough when I lent him a pair of my walking boots so that he could join the other 12 on a walk. I am still awaiting a sign of his appreciation although he did return the boots by leaving them outside my back door in the rain!
After he had left we found a toilet bag in his room but had no way of knowing to whom it belonged to as two gentlemen had shared the room. Eight days later Andrew rang to ask if we had located a toiletries bag and would we send it to him in Germany. He promised to reimburse the postage.
We were particularly busy at that time and also went away for a few days but had arranged for someone to post it whilst we were away. Upon our return we learned that it could not be posted until the contents were checked to ensure that they could be carried to an international destination. This is a legal requirement. I did e-mail Andrew to advise him of this and his reply was to state that "The Royal Mail did not know their job and that there was nothing within the toiletries bag that could not be sent". Some days later he also rang my wife to rudely advise her that the contents were of great value - £500 was mentioned - and that it must be returned at once. He also contacted our local Tourist Information Centre to complain about us keeping his property and refusing to send it to him.
I went to the Post Office myself and was advised that the contents - aftershave, toothpaste, disposable razor etc could not be sent unless the aftershave was removed. Again I e-mailed Andrew and updated him as I had done throughout. I also asked whether it was worth posting as the only item of any value was an electric toothbrush but I did offer to post it without the aftershave as per Royal Mails instructions (which I had also e-mailed to Andrew). He told me to post it to his English Office which was permissible as different rules apply to internal parcels. Apparently he was in England every two weeks! This I did. Needless to say I still await the promised reimbursement for the postage but am not too hopeful.
It just goes to show (a) that there are two sides to most stories
(b) sometimes you cannot do right for doing wrong!

Reviewed 7 October 2013

5 of us stayed at Rushop Hall the night before a race in Castleton... nicely situated outside of town, amazing scenary all around. The rooms were all modern and well equipped. Very friendly and helpful hosts - we'll be nack next year with a bigger team so will be booking in early!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 September 2013

we stayed in the pepper pot cottage for two nights.we got stuck in traffic on the m1 so it was dark when we arrived but the directions from Neil and Jan were great and we found the secluded spot first time. we were welcomed and shown to our small but perfectly formed cottage. it was separate from the main building and sat around a central court yard. Neil showed us in to the cottage, which was warm and very clean. the door opens in to a small kitchenette with a fridge, microwave and kettle. ample tea coffee and milk for our stay. also down stairs is a large bathroom with fresh white towels and a walk in shower. all clean and looking like new. the flag stone stairs curl up from the kitchenette to a large bed room with a wood burning stove. the double bed was made with crisp white linen and lovely comfy duvet and pillows. the stove had been lovingly prepared so you didn't have to be an arsonist to start the fire. there was plenty of wood and some gloves to keep our hands safe. the black out blind meant we had a great night sleep in the comfy bed. that evening we chose ti have dinner at rushop hall. we let Jan know a couple of days in advance so they could get in ingredients. the dinning room is in the converted stable which was fantastically restored. there was one else eating so it felt like our own personal chef. the food was fantastic and so was the selection of wine and local ales( much to my boy friends delight). in the morning breakfast was just what we needed to prepare for a long walk. all fresh and not greasy. it was the home made touches that made it for me, jams and vanilla yogurt. throughout our stay Jan and Neil were so helpful and accommodating. the location is good , just a short drive from castleton and buxton. we did a fantastic 9mile walk suggested by Neil that took us to castleton and the lord seat it was lovely. we will being coming back in the near future.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We were celebrating a 60th birthday and used both the main house of this delightful place in the Peaks, one of the cottages and rooms above the new cafe. Great place for a relaxed and comfortable stay when walking, cycling or just relaxing. Very friendly, family feel with good wholesome food, made by the proprietors. You can self cater in the cottages or eat in the cafe.

Room Tip: For B & B, I'd recommend the rooms in the main house.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends