“Incredibly delicious food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bull's Head Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Castleton
Bull's Head Inn
Ranked #10 of 13 Castleton B&B and Inns
Cornwall UK
“Incredibly delicious food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

My wife and I ate here on our third night in Cstleton. We both had the steak and it was excellent.
We went four more times and it just got better and better.
The second time we went I had the belly pork on a bed of mash with black pudding running through it. It was top class restaurant food.
The next time I had the fish curry. It was nothing short of incredible so much so that I had that the next time as well. On our final night we had the roast this was also fantastic and the horseradish sauce was beautiful.
We did eat elsewhere in Castleton but nowhere came near the Bulls head standards.
The waitresses and waiters where very friendly and excellent at their jobs. They knew what was on the menu and what it entailed.
The pub also has a good selection of beer and some great Merlot wine.
We thoroughly recommend a visit.
We will definitely go again when in the area.

Room Tip: There is plenty of room to park at the rear of the pub. They do accommodation but we did not try th...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Derbyshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Staff friendly without being OTT, relaxed atmosphere, good breakfast choice and very good amount. Had a meal there one evening and all 4 in our group had something different and each meal was absolutely gorgeous, so compliments to the chef. Will definitely stay again.

Sleep Quality
      Rooms
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Nice old building and a great atmosphere with a nice mix of clientele. Staff were very efficient and the burger was particularly good and nicely presented with trimmings, nice range of ales too. Reasonably priced across the menu - you wouldn't be disappointed.

Stayed May 2014
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

Myself and 6 friends all rambled into the bulls head a few weeks ago, they served us up some great grub and some nice ales. Loved our experience and the team in there was really friendly!

Thanks again,

The MK ramblers

Freeland, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

I spent a Brilliant weekend at the Bull's head.My niece had her wedding reception there the food was GREAT good British GRUB, & the portions were a good size. The rooms were a decent size & CLEAN, & the English breakfast each morning was great plenty to eat, The staff were really helpful & it was a wonderful couple of days. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Bull's head.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
Stoke, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

My group of tourists had fantastic food and great service. The fish and chips was the best I have had for many years! The Bull's Head is clean with helpful and friendly staff. I look forward to returning!

Sheffield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Dropped in for lunch. Waited for ages even though it was not busy. Asked for a small rose and a lager top, got a large rose and a straight lager. When ordering the food, I was asked by the bar staff what table number we were on, but as there are no numbers on the tables, I couldn't answer this. The barperson was annoyed at this as if I was some sort of idiot. I returned to the table to check, and there was no number.

I ordered lamb roast and after a long wait got a very nice lunch apart from the meat which was tasteless and seemed processed. We were asked if we had enjoyed our meal, so mentioned that the meat was a little disappointing. I asked the bar staff what the chef's crumble was and was told they didn't know. After what seemed to be yet another huge wait they returned and informed me it was apple and berries. I asked for one of those and a bakewell pudding, both with cream. I was then asked what I wanted with the crumble and said, "cream please." I was then asked if I wanted anything else. I ordered the bakewell pudding again, and again asked for cream. I was then asked again what table number we were on?!

The landlord then approached us, upset at our opinion on the meat and seemed quite agitated, verging on rude, and started arguing with us in the bar. All the slices were the same shape and of perfectly uniform thickness as if sliced with a bacon slicer; certainly seemed to be processed to me. I had to stop him ranting at my wife by saying, "Wait a minute, we were asked our opinion and gave it, if you don't want our opinion, don't ask for it!." Some 20 minutes later we were served with the crumble and two slices of supermarket bakewell tart. When I asked the woman at the bar if this was the local bakewell pudding they advertised, I was informed that I had ordered the wrong item, even though bakewell tart was NOT on the menu. We left, and will not return. Awful !

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank quattro30
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castleton
Innkeeper's Lodge Castleton, Peak District
#3 of 7 in Bakewell
Causeway House
Causeway House
#1 of 13 in Castleton

Been to Bull's Head Inn? Share your experiences!