“Disappointed”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
sheffield
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Recently visited here with my boyfriend. We were at the bar waiting to order drinks for 5 minutes. This wouldn't have been a problem but they weren't busy and we could see the staff on their phones at the back. We eventually asked if they were serving and the lady came and took our order. We ordered our food 'inn keepers pie' and 'fish and chips'. They arrived, my boyfriends pie was good and he was happy. My fish and chips were also quite nice until I came across a long brown hair (it wasn't mine either). I promptly took it back to the counter and explained and showed the foreign object to the bar man. He took it away - no apology. He then realised he had not asked what I wanted so half way across the bar he asks "do you want another". I daren't say no. I said yes please if it's not too much trouble.
When the new plate came my boyfriend had finished his, but there was no apology, nothing.
The pub is nice but the staff are unprofessional and cold. When we left I said 'thanks, bye' and got no response.
Won't be going again.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank SheffieldRaven

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Axminster, England, United Kingdom
“Wonderfully kept beer”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We ate in here with friends. The food was average but the beer was outstanding. Good choice and well looked after which is not often found these days. The food was good without being exceptional. I had fish and chips , the chips were great but the fish wasn't that good. The staff were very good and attentive. We tried to get in the night before but as we had a dog there wasn't any availability in the bar where dogs are allowed so we booked for a later visit and glad we did

• Visited May 2014
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“Great little pub, good food and wi-fi”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Great little friendly pub; most excellent dinner there, piping hot too!
Excellent local beers to go with dinner and the prices were very reasonable.

Being in the middle of nowhere surrounded by Peaks; there was a lousy mobile signal at our cottage; but the Cheshire has secure free wi-fi; which meant we could catch up on e-mails etc after dinner.

This was much appreciated.

What was more appreciated is the chairs are nice and comfy too!
Thanks

Redcar, United Kingdom
“Very good atmosphere”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

This place has a warm friendly feel, is quite large and beer very well kept. Food reasonably priced and very good, staff friendly and welcoming

Visited May 2014
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Nice breakfast”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This is a real olde worlde pub, with good food and good service. We found it open at 8:30 and had a nice breakfast. We will definitely visit again.

Visited March 2014