“A fantastic introduction to Climbing”

Peak Mountaineering Day Tours
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Castleton
More attraction details
Owner description: Peak Mountaineering is a specialist provider of mountain activities based in the heart of the Peak District National Park. We offer climbing, navigation, hillwalking, scrambling, expeditions and national governing body qualifications to everyone from families to adults. We are also ITC first aid trainers and we can manage all your personal or professional first aid training requirements. Join us in the Peak District for a great adventure and a very warm welcome.
Alloa, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A fantastic introduction to Climbing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2011

We didn't really know what to expect when Paul from Peak Mountaineering met us at Hathersage that morning but before long the fear and trepidation soon left us as we soon realized that Paul was as professional as they come and that we where safe in his hands. He was funny and serious and he had the knack of knowing which one to be at the right time .
After a brief run in the car we arrived at Stanage edge where Paul then asked us what we wanted out of the day? I wanted to get my shiny new rope out that I had been given as a 10 year service award at work. The morning was spent going through the safety aspects of Climbing and then in the afternoon Paul and another helper took us climbing.
I did my first route and I was well chuffed. The day flew by and after doing three or four different routes it was time to go home.
I am now hooked and can't wait to go out again.
Many thanks Peak Mountaineering for a fantastic day.

Visited September 2011
3 Thank Gareth L

Sheffield, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“The kids still haven't shut up about it!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2011

My two children are 9 and 7 and they went on Peak Mountaineering's morning climbing session. It all takes part in the beautiful Peak District which is a mecca for climbers and scramblers. On this particular day we went to a large quarry in some woods (I think where you go is weather/wind dependant). The children were in a group of 6 and were given all their gear and taught about safety in the first instance (pleased about that!!) then they got on with the climbing. It was pretty scary and some of them didn't make it all the way up and I know my daughter wouldn't have if it hadn't been for Paul's fantastic encouragement and brilliant way with kids. Great day out in the Peak District and if your kids like a bit of adventure, they will love it!

Visited August 2011