“Amazing food - slow service”
Review of The Peak Hotel

The Peak Hotel
Ranked #10 of 21 Restaurants in Castleton
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stopped off here with our dog and we're not disappointed with the food. We sat in a very pleasant beer garden, which was very busy to the lovely weather and the amount of visitors to Hope Valley.
Food was fairly priced and very tasty. I had a traditional roast dinner and my husband had a black and blue burger with skinny fries. Lovely ambience/feel to the place.

1  Thank Pammie63

Hello.
Thank you so much for your great review. It's good to hear that you had a pleasant visit.
I'm sorry if you ended up with service being a little slow. Sunny Sunday's can often get very busy for short and somewhat sporadic times. We never know when this is going to happen, but I suppose it' not a bad problem to have.

Thank you for your feedback. I hope you can visit us again soon,

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stopped for a Sunday meal and although the staff had had a busy afternoon we received a friendly welcome. Two Sunday lunches with all the trimming, more than enough and very tasty although the mash potatoes could have been a bit warmer and the leek cooked a touch longer, but this is a very minor issue. Finished off with the creme brûlée and the carrot cake. The creme should have been offered warm and not a lover of squirts creme. The meal was overall greatness and it would have been a five.
Excellent choice of gins and we will come back for more.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Hello.
Thank you for taking the time to right such a positive review, and thank you for your feedback.
I completely agree, I would prefer a creme brulee to be served warm as well. I will most certainly be passing on your feedback to your chefs.

I sincerely hope that your next visit will be that of a five star meal. I'm sure we won't let you down.

Thanks again.
I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We went walking with the hole idea to have a few pints of the best beer in the world! Well a bombshell struck when we realised that it was no longer stocked!Had a good pint of Morretti though but it’s hardly the same lol! A good selection of gin and wine for my wife also. Decided to eat and indulged in a perfect homemade steak burger with the best coleslaw I’ve had, and a great blade of beef! A great friendly atmosphere with staff and food to match. But please bring back the Old Peculiar. We travelled 3 hours for it!!!!

1  Thank Dave C

Hello.
Thank you for your great review. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our famous steak burgers.

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get your favourite beer on draft, unfortunately I think you may have made a small error. You see I only sold Old Peculiar at The Peak Hotel for around 3 weeks when I first took over back in 2014. It wasn't as popular as some of the local beers that were available at the time because of its slightly higher percentage, and some people were driving. I do however still sell Old Peculiar at our sister pub just down the road in Hope. We have been a Theakston's pub at The Old Hall Hotel for 8 years now and we plan to keep the legendary Old Peculiar as a permanent fixture along with various other famous Theakston's beers.

I hope to see you again soon at ether one of our little Hope Valley pubs.

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Whilst staying at the nearby Caravan Club site (10 minutes walk) we happened upon The Peak Hotel. I visited a few evenings on my own while my Better Half had a snooze after some excellent walking. Very friendly atmosphere, lovely helpful staff (Josh, you're a top man!), great beer, and superb gin selection. We had breakfast there one morning, recommend the full English. Decided to treat ourselves to a "final night of our holiday" meal. Excellent choice, excellent food (beef and stuffed chicken breast... Yum!), non-intrusive and easy service. We will be visiting the area again soon hopefully, and we will book in advance. I'm not in the habit of review writing, but this team tries hard to please, and their efforts are worthy of note. Keep up the good work!!! See you soon. Dan, Zan and Mash the dog xx.

3  Thank Danny4142

Hello.
Thank you so much for your amazing review. I have passed it onto Josh and the team.
I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your visits to our little pub, and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thanks again

Reviewed 9 May 2018

We stopped here for lunch after visiting the area. We wasn't to hungry so we thought we would get a light lunch and some tea.

Tea arrived served in some pretty cups and saucers.

For lunch we ordered a baguette and fries each. Thinking that would be an ok size for lunch. When it arrived, omg it was huge and there was lots of fries. I'm not complaining about it, i just wasn't expecting so much food.

The baguette was tasty and it had a good crunch to it. I don't really like it when the baguette is soft on the outside.

Overall, great little place to stop for lunch.

1  Thank pandamedic
Rick E, Owner at The Peak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hello there.
Thank you so much for a brilliant review.
It's great to hear that you enjoyed you visit to our little pub.
I hope to see you again soon.