“Tracy”

Swiss House B&B
Ranked #1 of 13 Castleton B&B and Inns
“Tracy”
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

We have stopped before & thought it was great. We decided this time to do 2 nights instead, we were made to feel very welcome with a cup of tea & flapjack on arrival, breakfast was really nice, room was very clean, excellent all round , would definitely go back.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
mattyCastleton, Owner at Swiss House B&B, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
Thank you, we're so glad you had a good time. :)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

We had an amazing weekend staying in Castleton @ Swiss house. The location, rooms and breakfast were all excellent but most importantly Martha & Mary as our hosts were terrific. Accommodating, full of advice and welcoming we really felt relaxed in their b&b. On every occasion their recommendations lived up to expectations. We have already talked about returning for more R&R in Castleton.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MStow
Thank you for your comments - we look forward to seeing you in 2014
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I would not hesitate to recommend The Swiss House - it really 'ticked all the boxes'. Everything has already been said by others, so I'll not bore everyone by rambling on! I'll just say that I agree that The Swiss House is a great place to stay, whether you're a serious hiker or just a casual stroller. The only bad point was the weather (!) but I suppose that's to be expected (as another guest who returns every year told me). I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this B&B to anyone planning to visit Castleton.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your comments. Sorry about the weather (!!) but I suppose if you're from Australia most British weather will seem bad - having spent a month down under myself a few years ago basking in unbroken January sunshine!!
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Swiss House is a place I would definitely go back to. Mary and Martha are very helpful and friendly hosts who offer comfortable rooms and a great breakfast, even vegetarian sausages. I had problems with my knee and Martha lent me a walking stick so I could go for the planned hikes anyway. The bed was very comfortable and I slept like a log there.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you - and I hope your knee is getting better. :)
Braintree, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 September 2013

What can I say that hasn't already been said by all the glowing reviews.
I booked last minute with two friends for a walking get-away and vowed to bring my wife to visit next year, I'm sure she'll love it.
Such friendliness and attention to detail. The lunches were amazing, I'm a vegetarian and they made sure that I had interesting and varied lunches. Breakfast to set you up for the day.

I promise that you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you. I hope you found good vegetarian evening meals too. We always suggest a certain pub that seems to have more imaginative vegetarian options!
Hope to see you again :)
St Neots, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Having stayed elsewhere in Castleton..this time we decided to try the Swiss House...lovely rooms ..lovely hosts...great staff..wonderful breakfast....good carparking....cant wait until next time...thank you Mary

Room Tip: Try room 5
2 Thank STEVE M
Thank you. About 1/4 - 1/3 of our guests have stayed with us before so hopefully that speaks for itself :)
Grimsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We selected this b & B on the basis of Internet Reviews and we were not disappointed. A lesson for the sceptics.

The whole premises were pristine. The bed was very comfortable and we enjoyed 4 nights very good sleep. The breakfasts were excellent and the owners and staff were very customer focussed. What more can you ask ?

I am absolutely sure we will be back.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to send this review. We're so glad you had a good time. :)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castleton
Losehill House Hotel & Spa
The Old Hall Hotel
Rushop Hall
Rushop Hall
#1 of 6 in Castleton

Been to Swiss House B&B? Share your experiences!