“Lunch at the Cock Inn Clifton”
Review of The Cock Inn - CLOSED

The Cock Inn
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 March 2017

Today (Sunday March 17th 2017) was the second time my partner and I have visited this lovely pub which has a smashing Landlord and staff whom make you welcome. We have been impressed by the delicious food and the comfortable, cheerful and relaxing atmosphere. I would recommend a visit.
Keith Ashley

Date of visit: March 2017

Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

Ok pub good beer but be careful what you tell the landlord have been visiting for years but now feel less than welcome because the landlord thinks it's funny to belittle customers

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 5 March 2017

We were lucky enough to win a meal for £20 from Ashbourne Radio,
I rang to book a table as heard it can get busy, the person on the phone was friendly and booked us in with ease,
On arrival the pub is quaint, clean and welcoming,
The staff are friendly and make you feel a valued customer,
The menu was simple and easy to read,
The pub was really busy so a fab atmosphere but we didn't wait long to be served our food,
All homemade and delicious, from the pies, chips, mushroom crumble and apple pie,
We had a fabulous evening with you and can't wait to com back and try some different dishes!

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 12 February 2017

Oh dear. We've eaten here a number of times around Christmas, and the food was excellent. I don't know if somethings changed, but we ate last week and had to leave the food. It was bitter and inedible. I let the staff know and asked them to tell the chef. Really hope this succeeds, but if somethings recently changed i.e. ingredients or the chef, please get a grip. I don't mind paying a bit more for quality, but please deliver. Good luck !

Date of visit: February 2017
1  Thank Easygoing666
Reviewed 15 November 2016

We 'discovered' The Cock when house-hunting in 2015 and what a find! From our first lunch and many times since we moved to Ashbourne in December 2015, we have never been disappointed. Whether we go on our own (newly retired couple) or when our children and grandchildren visit, the welcome and food/drink are excellent. When the grandchildren (one set 8 & 5 and the other two 5 & 3) come to stay with us and we ask them where they want to go, the answer is always the same, "to see Andrew at The Cock". What better recommendation is there than that? The food is great and I am told by my 'better half' that the beer is outstanding. As previously stated by other reviewers, Andrew is a 'one off' - beware children - he counts peas or baked beans on your plates and wants to know why if you leave anything! We do enjoy our quiet lunches together though, after they have gone home!

Date of visit: October 2016