Birds Nest Cottage Guest House
    • Restaurant
    US$60
    TripAdvisor
    • Breakfast included
    All reviewsstream runningon arrivalwarm welcomefull englishwent out of her waycakebeautiful gardenpeak districtfront of the housestay there againhigh standardfeel very welcomea wonderful staypot of teagreat value for moneylyndaaccommodation
    Reviewed 19 June 2013

I stayed at Birds Nest 5 times between February and April 2013 whilst on a course. I can't praise Lynda and Lee too much, they were so warm and welcoming, it was like a home from home. The rooms are warm and cosy and the breakfasts superb. It's the little things too like fresh home baked cake left for you to enjoy when you get back from your walk or a long day studying. Nothing is too much trouble. If you're going to Glossop stay here.

• Stayed: February 2013
    1  Thank LincsYellowBellies50
    Reviewed 12 June 2013

We have stared here twice now and both times our experience has been fantastic. Lynda is so welcoming and friendly there is a great sense of home from home. The rooms are beautiful and super clean and the breakfast is the best we've ever had. I look forward to returning again. Sally and Scott.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank Sally J
    Reviewed 5 June 2013

We chose to stay at Birds Nest following my perusal of the reviews here, and I have no hesitation in stating my wholehearted assent to the positive feedback given based upon our experience. I stayed at the cottage with my mum and sister for a period of three days, while we visited a family member. We arrived in the middle of a torrential downpour, and although feeling tired and bedraggled after a trip from Essex, we received a very warm welcome indeed that immediately raised the spirits. Tasty home made cakes and a cup of tea made the arrival a pleasure. Lynda and her family went out of the way to make their home open to us, and you feel like guests of the family in a way far beyond a typical bed and breakfast. Two rooms are made available as lounges meaning that there is plenty of room to relax at any time of the day or night, and the river that runs behind the cottage gurgles away, making a very pleasant aural backdrop to the scene. An additional dimension to the site is the provision of massage on site. I enjoyed a very reasonably priced hot stone massage during my stay, which helped me to relax further. There is a fantastic variety of breakfasts available, which means that whatever your particular preference in the morning there will be sure to be something to suit your taste. The next time we head to the area we will certainly be booking here again. Thank you so much Lynda

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
    1  Thank Errol H
    Reviewed 2 June 2013

A friend and I stayed here last week to attend a wedding in Glossop and I cannot recommend it highly enough. The rooms were bright, clean, comfortable and well-presented with thoughtful touches such as book lights and lovely dressing gowns. Lynda could not have been more helpful and welcoming, answering all our questions, booking our taxi and even offering us homemade cakes. There was a very comfortable lounge available to guests and a beautiful garden that I only wish we had had time to enjoy. The food was excellent and Lynda went out of her way to offer a whole range of gluten-free options, which was an unexpected blessing for me as I had prepared to just make do with a banana or maybe some cornflakes!
    The whole experience was lovely and Glossop itself was charming. I would happily return for a longer stay and suggest that if you're looking for accommodation in the area, you look no further than Birds Nest Cottage.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
    1  Thank SuzieB166
    Reviewed 15 May 2013

The selling point of a stay at Birds Nest cottage is definitely the natural and open hospitality given by the owner, Lynda.
    I enjoyed the home-made cake and jams, along with the wide choice of menu for breakfast that caters for all tastes and appetites. After a day out on the wind swept peaks, it was a pleasure to come back to the house and its well-kept, tranquil gardens.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo