“A fantastic home from home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glossop
Birds Nest Cottage Guest House
Ranked #2 of 11 Glossop B&B and Inns
Crewe, United Kingdom
“A fantastic home from home”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I stay at Birds Nest Cottage most week days as I live too far away from work to commute daily. From the start I was made very welcome by both Lynda and Lee and they both go out of their way to ensure that my stay is extremely comfortable. It is difficult being away from home such a lot but Lynda's warm, friendly, helpful yet very professional approach and the very comfortable rooms I stay in make this much easier. I don't always have breakfast but when I do it is of an excellent standard. In my previous job I was also away from home a lot and was very lucky to stay in 4 star well known hotel chains, whilst they too were of a high standard I much prefer staying at Birds Nest Cottage.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2014

we came for a nice weekend break away and yes it was very clean and overall a good litte b&b if your looking for a cheap stay with a rather disapointing breakfast!. The overall experience could be improved by linda having a better attitude (we felt as though we was being talked down too most of the time). Also we struggled to get a good nights sleep because of the fact that it is on a main road with lorrys passing by most of the time. Highly doubt we will be making another appearance here and to be quite honest we would of rather gone to the travellodge in glossop!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank amro79
Woodford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Great B&B, warm welcome (with cake and tea), comfortable clean quiet rooms great breakfast with fresh fruit and lots of extras beautifully served, vegans catered for. And a body massage to follow! Thank you Lynda and Lee!

Room Tip: The rooms at the front had excellent double glazing so no traffic problems. Rooms at the back had...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Lancashire. UK
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We found this wonderful B&B on the internet and took advantage of the out of season 3 night half price deal. It really exceeded our expectations. We are seasoned B&Bers and have an idea what to expect. The breakfast menu was extensive with different choices than the usual and the presentation was worthy of a posh hotel. The home made cake in the afternoon was a much appreciated bonus. Thank you Linda.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Ambleside, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

Myself and my boyfriend stayed for 4 nights and also had a hot stones massage each, I was really looking forward to our stay as I had stayed there a couple of years ago with my mum on a girly few nights away but it still exceeded our expectations. Lynda was so lovely and helpful with suggestions of walks to go on, breakfast was amazing and our room was beautiful. Thank you Lynda for a great stay :-) We really enjoyed everything about it.

Stayed February 2014
Ashton-under-Lyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 February 2014

The Bird's Nest is a real home from home. I was made to feel extremely welcome by Linda, the proprietor. She was kind, caring, hardworking and extremely affable.
Linda is also an alternative therapist, and I can highly recommend the Reiki to completely destress.
The room was cosy, clean and quiet. And don't get me started on the full English breakfast, which was spot on.
It has now become my official bolt hole, and I have already booked for my next visit.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Belper
Reviewed 7 February 2014

This was a very welcoming, clean, peaceful guest house set close to wonderful countryside.
The room was pleasantly decorated and comfortable.
Thanks for being flexible on the breakfast timings!
Very good value.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glossop
Travelodge Glossop
#8 of 15 in Stockport
Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club
The Bulls Head Public House, Restaurant & Guest House
Windy Harbour Farm Hotel

Been to Birds Nest Cottage Guest House? Share your experiences!