“Lovely Mother's Day afternoon tea”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glossop
Birds Nest Cottage Guest House
Ranked #2 of 11 Glossop B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

A group of 11 of us went for afternoon tea as a Mother's Day treat and what a fantastic time we had! Linda and lee could not do enough for us. There was a good variety of sandwiches and cakes all of which were delicious. Thank you for a memorable Mother's Day we will definitely be back.

Stayed: March 2014

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Stayed with my family this weekend while in Glossop for a wedding. A gem of a B&B - run by a really friendly couple who did everything possible to make us feel at home. The place is stylish and cozy, beautifully decorated, comfy warm beds, quiet, really charming. Fantastic breakfast with options from full English to smoked salmon and scrambled eggs. Also offers a massage service which is really good & very reasonably priced. Would heartily recommend - hoping to come back another time soon!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Caro H
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We have returned today after the most relaxing break at Birds Nest Cottage. We went as a family of 5 adults to mark my 50th. birthday, wanting peace, calm and precious time together. I could not have wished for a more tranquil place to stay. Lynda made us so comfortable and went out of her way to help with informing us about the surrounding area and booking restaurants. The accommodation was unbelievably restful and the sound of the river flowing through the garden added to the sense of calm. (Didn't hear any noise at all from the road) As for breakfast, it was simply divine. We had arranged afternoon tea on Saturday afternoon and oh my goodness, we were not disappointed. Everything was simply superb and faultless. We cannot wait to go back and enjoy the garden as summer approaches.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MOLLY132
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I chose the Birds Nest Cottage having searched on Tripadvisor for a suitable Guest House that was in a lovely location, but within a short drive to Manchester. I made the right choice since I found everything about the Birds Nest Cottage nothing short of impressive. Lynda welcomed me and showed me the lovely resident lounges (two of them), and my upstairs room which overlooked the beautiful back gardens with the sound of a stream running through it. The room was tastefully decorated, had everything from information sheets on local walks, local restaurants and it had ample tea making facilities. As someone who is a very light sleeper, I had a great nights sleep. The bed was so comfortable, and all I could hear was the lovely sound of the stream in the garden. Breakfast was taken in a lovely room with views over the garden, the breakfast room itself is simply divine. You have a wide choice of cereals, toast etc, and for once I indulged in a full English breakfast. I was not disappointed, it was superb, fresh produce and so tasty. If you could allocate "stars" for Guest Houses, I have know doubt the Birds Nest would be a 5 star. Its the best Guest House I have ever stayed at, it really is a Gem.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Fantastic stay on Saturday night. Property has been refurbished to a very high standard and the room was fantastic. Very comfortable bed and well equipped bathroom. Solid nights sleep. We stayed at front of accommodation and there was no problem with noise from the road. Attention to detail good ( loved the Capri sun and reading lights!!)

Two residents lounges, tv and DVD and a collection of DVDs to pick from that was extensive to say the least. A very pleasant cat present as well.

We were made to feel very welcome by Lynda and Lee and on the basis of this the stay is worth making. Lovely people! Therapies are also available in a very well appointed therapy room. Breakfast was fantastic, very well presented, high quality food and a mountain of toast!. Good veggie option for me as well.

Nothing to complain about from me.Hope to book again and take in some reiki next time.

Thanks for a very welcoming stay. Outstanding!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I first came across Birds Nest Cottage 3 years ago whilst trawling the internet for a B&B. The good description on the website prompted a discussion with Lynda and an immediate booking.

I have now stayed there 6 or 7 times and its like a home from home. I have never been disappointed, breakfast is really nice with fruit juice, full english AND cereals, the rooms are comfortable with TV and internet access, and unlike a number of other B&Bs a decent shower with hot water!!

I have stayed in most of the rooms and they are all clean, comfortable and quiet, last weekend I fell asleep to the sound of the babbling brook that runs behind the house. I have often taken friends and family for stays and I am already in the process of organising my next stay.

It is ideal for me as there is easy access to Manchester (for the velodrome) and perfect as a base for walking in and around the Kinder Plateau.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This has become a treasured sojourn for me, sometimes with my sisters, sometimes with my husband. Lynda has become a friend, and she and Lee are the perfect hosts. The house is full of character and homeliness. The garden has that "wow" factor.
I just love everything about it.

Stayed: February 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glossop
Travelodge Glossop
#1 of 11 in Glossop
Queens Arms Country Inn
Queens Arms Country Inn
#6 of 11 in Glossop

Been to Birds Nest Cottage Guest House? Share your experiences!