“I love this place!”

Ranked #2 of 11 Glossop B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
Stalybridge
Reviewed 7 May 2006

I am a regular visitor at Windy Harbour Farm Hotel. Why? Because it's a genuinely warm and friendly hotel. Get to know Julie and Graham and their staff and it soon feels like home, which is why their regular customers return time and time again. Last year I had my 40th celebration there in a marquee. It had taken almost a year of planning and like anybody with a forthcoming "once in a lifetime event" I was nervous about it all coming together. I needn't have been. It was a huge success and thanks have to go to Graham & Julie and all their staff for helping plan it and looking after us all so well. In fact my friends are still talking about the "event" now and it's all praise. You are stars!

I should say we also put some of my guests up in their rooms. The booking was dead straight forward and all our guests were looked after really well. In fact so much so that some of them returned with us again on New Years Eve 2005 to do it all again! So I would say whether you are planning a celebration or just want a few days in a lovely part of Derbyshire then go for it. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed 10 February 2006

My daughter married at this hotel in early January, the hotel double booked 3 of the rooms, of which incidentally there are only 6, and left the Father of the Bride, the Bride's brother and 2 friends to spend the night at a local B&B. We only found out by phoning the day before the wedding to find out what time the rooms would be available, owner never even apologised on the day, or gave any sort of explanation as to why he honoured the booking of guests who by his own admission only booked the rooms (that weren't available anyway !!!) 2 days before the wedding, whilst refusing to honour the bookings of the family of the bride who had booked the rooms 4 months previously . Worst case of hotel management I have known in my life, if you ever are desperate enough to contemplate staying here be prepared with a sleeping bag and blanket on the back seat of your car!

• Stayed: January 2006