“Amazing Food”

Dining options: Reservations
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Amazing Food”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We went to the George to spoil ourselves, and we where not disappointed at all. The staff and the food where both amazing. My husband is dairy intolerant, and we where sent the menu before attending and there was so much choice, I even decided to eat of the same menu as it sounded amazing, and it was just so delicious.

Wirral, United Kingdom
“Nice Dining Room for Lunch”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Had the set lunch here last week. Very limited choice but really nicely served in the lovely restaurant (not keen on eating full meals at coffee tables in the lounge so we opted for the dining room) Food was OK but a but I was disappointed with the fish and chips - meagre portion too. The pudding was nice though and the whole experience was very pleasant. I thought it was overpriced,

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank christina175
Munich, Germany
“Very attentive staff, very good food”
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Smart, beautifully presented dining room with simple, clean furnishings and table linen and gorgeous expose stone walls. Excellent staff - very attentive, service speed just right with sufficient time to relax between courses. Main course was trio of lamb, it was beautifully cooked although lacked the "something special" that one normally expects when paying nearly £30 for a two-course lunch outside of the London area that doesn't include steak or other similarly expensive produce. The dessert, however, was exquisite and included some of the best chocolate ice cream I've ever tasted. If it had been a few pounds cheaper I probably would have given 5 out of 5. But would still highly recommend and happily return again.

• Visited November 2013
Barry, United Kingdom
“A lovely find”
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

What a lovely find the staff were so friendly and Dave the manager was what every hotel needs full of life and made you feel like you were really special the room we had was lovely and I wish I could take the bathroom home with me the food was lovely in all I would recommend this to anyone wanting to get away from the rat race fora few days or longer loads of places to visit a lovely part of the country thanks for a lovely break !

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Jennifer L
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“WOW”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

The evening did start off wrong, the wine waiter managed to get our wine order wrong on two occasions! The first time he brought a bottle of white when we ordered red, and then brought the wrong red, third time lucky!!

The food was FANTASTIC.,,each course was wow, you had to sit and look at your food in awe before you started eating! The presentation, the seasoning and the products were faultless.
I cannot describe my dessert because words would not do it justice, it was "top draw" the chef is a genius!!!

I had a glass of red dessert wine, which finished the night off on a nice note.

The food may seem expensive, but for once you get what you pay firm nice surroundings, nice food and great staff

Please go and visit