Back from an enjoyable 2 nights at The Millstone Country Inn and despite a couple of niggles, we would go back again. The Inn itself is in a great location about 1.5 miles away from the quaint village Hathersage, which is home to the final resting place of ‘Little John’ in the local churchyard. The surrounding area is spectacular and the Inn has a relaxing air about it although it could do with a slight update. We checked in at the bar which doubles as a reception and the staff were obviously short of hands, which was reflected in the Full and P/Time help sign outside. We were disappointed to find our room did not have a bath only a (spacious) shower but that was our fault for not specifying a room with a bath when booking. We stopped in the Stanage Room, which was on the front and overlooked the busy road and large car park. The bed did not have a duvet but old fashioned blanket which set my wife off whizzing so we took that off and sleep under the sheet and bed cover both nights – this may have something to do with the Inn being ‘dog friendly’ but I cannot remember the last time I saw blankets instead of the duvet . The bar was busy and we had an enjoyable meal the first night and 2 well-cooked breakfasts both mornings. The lady who served the breakfast was a fountain of local knowledge and told us about the market in Bakewell on Monday which was fantastic and well worth a look! We would come back to the Millstone Inn but would want a room with a bath and also a view over the fabulous Peak District, rather than share the view with the car park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Country Inn set in the heart of the peak district ideal base to explore the Hope Valley offering a friendly family run inn with 9 rooms great beers and good home cooked food in a comfy relaxed setting ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Book Direct Rooms and Evoline ltd so you can book your Millstone Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millstone Country Hotel Hathersage
- Millstone Country Inn Hathersage, Peak District National Park