“Beautifully warm water on a foul weather day!”

Hathersage Swimming Pool
More attraction details
Owner description: Hathersage outdoor heated swimming pool is set in a lawned enclosure with a covered veranda to one side. During the summer months, It offers the opportunity to swim in the open air, amidst the glorious Peak District scenery, in water which is heated to 28°C
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I have always wanted to swim at this outdoor pool and booked a trip to Edale Youth Hostel so that I could round off the stay with a swim at Hathersage Swimming Pool. The day arrived and it was lashing down with rain, blowing a gale and thoroughly unpleasant. Undaunted we arrived at the pool at 10.30 on a Friday to find other like-minded people swimming. Going from the changing rooms to the pool was perishing but once in the pool the water was warm. The wind made me wish that I had put on a woolley hat as anything out of the water was a tad cold. I loved every minute of it and willingly go again whatever the weather. What a dream to be in the sunshine, but hey I would thoroughly recommend it whatever the weathe! We finished off the visit with a trip to the Poolside cafe. Great food and very welcome after the swim.

3  Thank Kate P
"wonderful place"
"peak district"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Spent 2 hours here on Sat. 19th April over lunchtime with my 4 year old son. The outside air temperature was 5 degrees, but the pool water was a super temperature and we were not cold in the slightest!! The pool wasn't very busy I guess because it was such a cold day and at one point we had the pool to ourselves. I'm so glad we came and as my husband regularly climbs in the peak we will definitely be returning

4  Thank Chuddyswim
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This pool is warm what ever the weather so don't be put off if it's cool. Changing area is clean and well maintained, the staff helpful. Well worth a vist.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Relaxed retreat. Wonderful swim in the sun. Very good value. Easy to park. Friendly staff. Helped and advised as first visit. would love to have a pool like this near where I live. Unique.

See more reviews
Reviewed 8 April 2014

This was great!! I swim a few times a week so thought i would try this outdoor swimming pool. It was rainy when I got there - but the pool was 82 degrees so was nice and warm. Proper size pool. It was lovely to be able to swim and be outside. I could hear the birds and see the beautiful surroundings. Despite the weather it was quite full., Nice cafe - which my husband had a coffee in while I swam (he is a coward!) Although he popped his head up to take a photo which was a bit risky in this day and age but the staff where ok about it - thank god- no arrests.