“Bank holiday brunch”

Hathersage Social Club
Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in Hathersage
Price range: US$27 - US$60
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Evening restaurant, daytime café, wine & cocktail bar and mini-cinema. Offering daytime brunches with riverside garden. Evening events programme, locally sourced restaurant menu, speciality Gaillac wines and innovative cocktails. Open daytimes and evenings Thursday to Sunday and Bank Holidays. Also offering bookable events.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stumbled upon HSC via the internet when booking a night away in Hathersage and so please I did. Rang up to book a table and was kindly informed there was a large table booking at the time I suggested so was advised to arrive either side so we wouldn’t have to wait too long for food, it’s little things like this which shows customer care. However I wouldn’t have minded as they have a wonderful outside patio and garden which was perfect for brunch, would have been happy to stay there all day! The staff were happy, menu knowledgeable and attentive (without the feeling of your every move being watched). The other customers also seemed relaxed and happy which I imagine was due to wonderful time everyone was having there. The food was fresh & tasty and waffles to die for! A nice touch which again shows customer care was a jug of cold iced water was put on the table as soon as we arrived (which was very welcome in sunshine)

This is a gem of a place, relaxed dinning with fantastic food. The owner cares about the restaurant and it shows.

Lovely, just lovely.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

the cleanliness of this place is obviously show in my title to this review. I found a hair in my sandwich luckily they swapped it and I only had to pay 1/2 price but still they need to be more careful

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Lunch and French themed evening. We did both! Masala mushrooms on sourdough with wild garlic flowers. Delicious and heaps of mushrooms. Vibrant even boisterous, pre selected evening. Very tasty food with great attention to detail served by a naturally friendly team. Roquefort and asparagus tart, wild mushroom soup, perfectly presented tuna and stunning raspberry waffle and for me a duo of glorious choc and merengue with a dry aged sirloin before. It’s the detail that sets them apart, the wild garlic flowers, top quality smoked paprika, the tiniest sprinkling of chilli flakes with the tart. Five out of five and a great buzzy atmosphere. Top drawer, no doubt.

3  Thank MarkandSheena
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

Popped in here on Saturday morning and luckily there was space for us upstairs. Had the forest fruit waffles and could really tell that a lot of thought had gone into them, especially the flavours in the topping which were really special. Also had the aligot brunch which was quite possible the best breakfast I’ve had - again a lot of thought had gone into the flavours and the combinations and I really enjoyed it. Great food, great service and great atmosphere. Will be back!

2  Thank joeldriver
Reviewed 24 April 2018

Six of us booked for the St George’s night feast and it was simply fabulous.
A warm welcome, a lovely, quirky establishment, well trained great staff, very lovely handcrafted food, fun atmosphere.
We were thrilled and impressed, we will return.
Check the website for theme nights, film nights, private bookings, everything!

2  Thank Jon R