Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Hilton East Midlands Airport(Castle Donington)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Sutton Bonington Hall(Loughborough)
  • Pool
Donington Manor Hotel(Castle Donington)
1,512 results
All reviewsyew lodgeeast midlands airportspa breakmarco pierrespa facilitiesan early flightmarco's restaurantflight pathsteam roomcourse meallovely hotelhealth clubexecutive roomboth morningsfollowing morningwaiting staffpark and fly
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Lovely traditional hotel just off the M1 , warm relaxing atmosphere. Excellent food. If you require spa treatment best book a day or two in advance !! Rooms are very comfortable and clean. Would definitely recommend and would stay here again. .

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
GMYewLodge, Manager at Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear harleydays
Thank you for your lovely review of the hotel after your midweek break.
We are all glad to read that you enjoyed your stay.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here last night with my other half after buying a deal through KGB. The deal included overnight stay with hot chocolate on arrival, a 3 course meal and breakfast next day. Full use of facilities including gym, pool & spa and also 25% off spa treatments (applies Sunday - Thursday only)

We both had a spa treatment & I paid £18 for a half an hour back, neck and shoulder massage with the discount. My boyfriend had a half an hour facial & paid the same price. The girl (Cathryn I think her name was) who did my massage was very nice & I really enjoyed my massage and felt it was good value. The only let down was that the spa & bar reception staff were not aware that the 25% deal ran from Sunday to Thursday (the hotel's confirmation said Monday to Thursday but the deal states Sunday) so initially I was charged full price but it was resolved quickly.

The gym was nice & clean and the pool & jacuzzi were nice. The only downsides were the steam room was a little noisy & the sauna was out of order (these things happen I understand). There was also a child obviously under 7 in the jacuzzi but realise this is down to the parents.

The best bit about our stay was the food! The quality & service were just fantastic for the price, even my other half enjoyed it & he is fussy with food. I had the goats cheese & onion starter, fish & chips and cheese board for dessert. It was all gorgeous with lovely presentation. The staff were great as well. I'd have been happy to pay the prices for the meal in normal circumstances. The breakfast was good as well, lots of choice (vegetarian options available as well without having to wait) & as much as you like.

Rooms were comfortable, clean, well equipped and traditional without being tired looking.

Overall we had a great stay and I would definitely return. Will be keeping an eye out for deals in the future!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear HollyPollyDolly
Thank you for your great review of the hotel after your recent KGB deal.
The detailed review is a lovely review and I thank you for this. I will ensure Cathryn is made aware of the mention.
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the food and found this a key part of your experience.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Decided to stay here overnight before our early flight from Eastmidlands airport. Got a deal where we had meal in the restaurant, left car and got lift to and from airport. So, arrived to very pleasant receptionist who sorted out arrangements slept in a very comfy bed, in very nice room, got an early morning call, and were ferried to airport. On arrival back in UK called as directed and was collected straight away, taken back to hotel to collect car. All fantastic, food lovely, staff friendly and very helpful, no stress and smooth arrangements. Will certainly do this again when we next fly from Eastmidlands!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carol C

Dear cazting
Thank you for your recent review after your stay.
I am glad that you found staying a great idea and perfect way to start your holiday stress free.
We look forward to welcoming you back when you next go on holiday.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Spent last week in the hotel. Staff very helpful . Elevator needs attention, odd sounds when travels, and had to go through stare case up to 4th floor in more than one occasion. Would recommend to have clear sign in the floor pointing where stares are ( currently only showing emergency and fire exits) - seems elevator needs better service. Consider having fresh vegetables and fruit for breakfast. Overall good experience

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Margalit2014
Thank you for your recent review after your stay.
I have taken note of the comments regarding the lift and will investigate this further.
We are glad you had a pleasant stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

I have just returned from a stay with my sister and 6 year old daughter as a little treat for her birthday! No issues with hotel as was excellent and good value for money! Was happy with everything until our second visit to the spa during which my daughter was having a great time jumping in the pool and swimming. Two girls decided they would complain about the splashing and so the 'manager' asked me not to let my daughter jump in the pool. Rather than be honest and say he'd had a complaint he decided to say it was health and safety and criticised me for allowing my child to jump in the pool!! Was absolutely disgusted and feel that he was very anti children n not very professional. Its a shame as rest of hotel was excellent!!

• Stayed: March 2014
GMYewLodge, Manager at Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear Kerri W

Thank you for your review of the hotel

I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel; however I am sorry to read that you were unhappy with the Spa Managers concern for the safety of your child.

We do have a no jumping or diving policy that we must adhere to.

We do hope you will return again in the future.

Kindest Regards