“Nice hotel, quality food, pricey wine”

Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kegworth
“Nice hotel, quality food, pricey wine”
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my partner on a Saturday night, after doing a driving experience earlier in the day near by.
We arrived at about 13.30 and our room was ready. It was a bit dated and had a rubbish view but it was fine for one night.
We used the gym, pool & spa which while not top of the range, it was adequate and pleasant and free to hotel guests. We enjoyed ourselves and felt relaxed afterwards.
We had booked the 3 course inclusive dinner package. This can always be a bit of a risk but I have to say this was fantastic. The bar and restaurant had a nice atmosphere and the staff were very friendly and attentive. The food was gorgeous, better than a lot of restaurants I've been to. Only small grumble was I thought the wine was a bit pricey at £4.74 for a small glass but I guess this depends on what you're used to paying.
Had a good nights sleep, despite being above the party room (there was a wedding on). But I don't think the music was on too late.
Breakfast was great, buffet style, help yourself. Good selection and the best sausages I've ever had, wished I could have eaten more!
Over all a nice relaxing weekend and hotel that's good value for money. Would go back if the occasion arose and would definitely recommend to family and friends.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
GMYewLodge, Manager at Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear MissSbash
Thank your for your lovely review of the hotel.
I am pleased to read your enjoyed your stay and found the food of good quality and found it fantastic.
We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.
Kindest Regards
Chris.trow@yewlodgehotel.co.uk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2014

My friend and I initially came to Reeds Health club using a promotional package deal, due to the wonderful care and attention of all the staff at the health club we have since returned many times.

We have used many leisure facilities in various hotels around the world, and frequented some of the East Midlands 'premier' residential spas, such as Champneys, Hoar Cross etc, and I/we have found the facilities, standard of treatments, value and professionalism from Neil and his team at Reeds to be outstanding!

The reception foyer as you enter is light, spacious and clean. The staff always smile and greet you warmly. There is complimentary fresh iced water and glasses on the bar to help yourself to, and daily newspapers to relax and read on big comfortable sofas.

The toilets are clean and we'll stocked. There isn't puddles of wet in the changing area and the pool is spacious and spotless. There isn't the nauseating over chlorine smell, and to date I haven't seen any loose tiles as sometimes can happen over time. There is also a pool relaxing area with sun loungers. The gym is big, with plenty of cardio equipment and part of the gym overlooks the pool.

The beauty therapists are excellent, and the rooms are tranquil. The products used are premium Decleour, and the therapists don't stinger using them, or fresh towels or blankets to keep your feet warm. The beauty beds raise electronically up and down, they are even heated underneath if you wish it.

I cannot recommend Reeds Health Club enough, they are a terrific team who seem to work well together which creates a happy, relaxing environment to enter into to escape and re-charge. So much so I have booked a residential spa day at the hotel for my friend's and I for my hen weekend, as I am confident we will all be well looked after.

Thank you Reeds - keep doing what you're doing - it works!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
GMYewLodge, Manager at Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Kimmykins00
Thank you for your detailed lovely review of the Health Club
Not very often we get a review in detail about the Health Club like this and it’s great to read the team are doing well looking after you.
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

We went on a Wednesday evening to the restaurant and even though the place was very busy the service was excellent , staff very knowledgeable , attentive and the food was spot on especially the cheese board which you must try if you visit
Overall good value and would go back again

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear vance f
Thank you for your great review of the restaurant.
I am glad the team looked after you well even thou it was busy and you thoroughly enjoyed the cheese board.
We hope to see you in the restaurant again soon.
cheshire
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Lovely traditional hotel just off the M1 , warm relaxing atmosphere. Excellent food. If you require spa treatment best book a day or two in advance !! Rooms are very comfortable and clean. Would definitely recommend and would stay here again. .

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear harleydays
Thank you for your lovely review of the hotel after your midweek break.
We are all glad to read that you enjoyed your stay.
Hitchin, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here last night with my other half after buying a deal through KGB. The deal included overnight stay with hot chocolate on arrival, a 3 course meal and breakfast next day. Full use of facilities including gym, pool & spa and also 25% off spa treatments (applies Sunday - Thursday only)

We both had a spa treatment & I paid £18 for a half an hour back, neck and shoulder massage with the discount. My boyfriend had a half an hour facial & paid the same price. The girl (Cathryn I think her name was) who did my massage was very nice & I really enjoyed my massage and felt it was good value. The only let down was that the spa & bar reception staff were not aware that the 25% deal ran from Sunday to Thursday (the hotel's confirmation said Monday to Thursday but the deal states Sunday) so initially I was charged full price but it was resolved quickly.

The gym was nice & clean and the pool & jacuzzi were nice. The only downsides were the steam room was a little noisy & the sauna was out of order (these things happen I understand). There was also a child obviously under 7 in the jacuzzi but realise this is down to the parents.

The best bit about our stay was the food! The quality & service were just fantastic for the price, even my other half enjoyed it & he is fussy with food. I had the goats cheese & onion starter, fish & chips and cheese board for dessert. It was all gorgeous with lovely presentation. The staff were great as well. I'd have been happy to pay the prices for the meal in normal circumstances. The breakfast was good as well, lots of choice (vegetarian options available as well without having to wait) & as much as you like.

Rooms were comfortable, clean, well equipped and traditional without being tired looking.

Overall we had a great stay and I would definitely return. Will be keeping an eye out for deals in the future!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear HollyPollyDolly
Thank you for your great review of the hotel after your recent KGB deal.
The detailed review is a lovely review and I thank you for this. I will ensure Cathryn is made aware of the mention.
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the food and found this a key part of your experience.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Decided to stay here overnight before our early flight from Eastmidlands airport. Got a deal where we had meal in the restaurant, left car and got lift to and from airport. So, arrived to very pleasant receptionist who sorted out arrangements slept in a very comfy bed, in very nice room, got an early morning call, and were ferried to airport. On arrival back in UK called as directed and was collected straight away, taken back to hotel to collect car. All fantastic, food lovely, staff friendly and very helpful, no stress and smooth arrangements. Will certainly do this again when we next fly from Eastmidlands!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carol C
Dear cazting
Thank you for your recent review after your stay.
I am glad that you found staying a great idea and perfect way to start your holiday stress free.
We look forward to welcoming you back when you next go on holiday.
Chris.trow@yewlodgehotel.co.uk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kegworth
Hilton East Midlands Airport
Jurys Inn East Midlands Airport
#6 of 7 in Castle Donington
Kegworth Hotel & Conference Centre
Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport
Holiday Inn Express East Midland...
#4 of 7 in Castle Donington
The Priest House by the River
The Priest House by the River
#5 of 7 in Castle Donington

Been to Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!