“Good over night stop”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kegworth
Ireland
“Good over night stop”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We had a very early flight from East Midlands and booked this hotel. Our room was very comfortable, especially for the short time we were in it, well equipped, good tea, coffee selection for early morning. We had a good dinner in the restaurant with a very amusing waiter who really added to the atmosphere of the place. Very happy with our choice, we could have had an airport transfer too but as we had a hired car it wasn't necessary. We noticed a lot of people walking up to the hotel while we were eating and seeing another review, presume they had been out to eat locally, anyway we were more than happy with our choice. Would certainly recommend it for an overnight airport stay.

1 Thank IrishRomantic
GMYewLodge, Manager at Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear IrishRomantic

Thank you for your review.
I’m pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the room well equipped
I’m also pleased that you dined with us and enjoyed the restaurant atmosphere.
I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future and maybe make use of your shuttle service next time.

clare.swift@yewlodgehotel.co.uk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
england
Reviewed 29 May 2014

stayed here with some friends for a murder mystery night. Didn't expect much from the hotel, but I was really pleasantly surprised, the room was lovely, looked as if it had recently be refurbed. The actual evening was brilliant fun and not at all cheesy as you would expect. Based on a fawlty towers theme. The wine flowed and we met new friends on our table. The food was ok, starter and dessert were great, the main lamb was ok. We had some spare time in the morning and went to the spa which again was very nice, everything was clean and tidy. Had breakfast also which was very nice buffet including full English and continental. We enjoyed it so much we are going back again with more friends for our Christmas meal. No bad points really, theres only 1 lift which sounds a bit ropey and its a bit slow. But it gave me a chance to work off the breakfast. Great bit for kids would be the interactive internet tv with angry birds on it.

Room Tip: ask for the newly refurbed rooms with an internet tv
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear dundeetripper

Many thanks for taking the time to review the hotel.
I’m so pleased that you enjoyed our murder mystery night and made use of all the facilities.
I’m delighted that you want to come back for your Christmas meal; we also have a murder mystery again on the 1st November 2014.

If you haven’t booked already and would like some information on Christmas events please do not hesitate to contact me and I will send some over for you.
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.
Retford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I really don't want to diss this hotel because the staff were friendly, the hotel clean and tidy, the food was great, the pool is only 10m in length for those of you like me that unfortunately like a good swim. Well positioned for the airport and the race track. My only gripe about this lovely hotel was the noise. I have stayed at hotels that are virtually on the runway and heard nothing from planes landing or taking off, and here even with the window closed I felt that if I had kept my bedside lamps on the planes would have mistaken it for the landing strip, they were so noisy I thought they were landing in my room. That was the first night. On the second night there was a wedding on the floor below, at one point I felt like jumping up and down on my bed in my PJ's and joining in doing the YMCA! I was on the 3rd floor and the back on the hotel. Its a shame it doesn't have more sound proofing in this area. Just one other thing to point out that if you do book at the weekend and there is a function on at the hotel good look in finding a car parking space if you get there in the evening. Otherwise this place is ok.

Room Tip: avoid above the function room (312), unless your actually at the function then you'll be ok.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Littlecalfuk
Dear Littlecalfuk

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel.
I’m pleased the facilities and service you received was up to standard.
Thank you for your feedback regarding the noise, we do try to allocate guests not with functions away from the function suites and I will make sure the front desk team are still continuing with that process.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed three nights in the poplar room with husband and two children. Room was big enough for us all. Wedding party was on during one of the nights but sleep wasn't interrupted. Did not eat at the hotel but tried local pubs etc. Kids enjoyed the pool. Staff all very friendly. Would definitely stay again. Plenty of parking but spaces a but tight. No play area for kids which would have been nice.

1 Thank Angela230375
Dear Angela230375

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel.
I‘m pleased the room was big enough for you and your family and you managed to make use of the leisure facilities.
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

About to check in for our 4th visit to Yew Tree Lodge.
The reason we return if were honest is the excellent food, and unrivalled value for money.

We are welcomed as old friends by the daytime bar lady Suzanne who ensures our prosecco is chilled and our teapot is always full during a gorgeous afternoon tea.

The spa is simple but enough to while away the hours in.

This place is far more than an airport hotel, it's perfect for a short break and lots of pampering.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
GMYewLodge, Manager at Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Dukey29

Many thanks for your lovely review.
It’s great to hear that this will be your 4th visit with us and we hope it lives up to your previous stays!
I hope that you enjoy the food and spa again and leave having enjoyed another short break with us.
We hope to welcome you back for a 5th time!
Edinburgh
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Chose this hotel due to proximity to Donnington Park where my husband was doing a track experience and also the value for money compared to other hotels nearby. Very happy with choice. Hotel is a good standard and added bonus of the health suite meant that the kids could have a swim and there is also a steam room and jacuzzi. Rooms were clean and spacious and there was a nice lounge area for relaxing. Stayed for 2 nights. Ate in hotel one night from bar menu. Food was ok although wouldn't rave about it. A few other restuarants nearby - we tried the Otter which was quite good. Breakfasts fine - reasonable selection. Would stay again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

GMYewLodge, Manager at Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Wildcat2409
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I am pleased that you enjoyed the facilities and found the hotel to be a good standard.
I glad to hear that you would stay again and I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Clare.swift@yewlodgehotel.co.uk
Leeds, North Yorks
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Have stayed in this hotel many times with my experience being historically that not all staff that friendly. This time the stay was GREAT - everyone was really friendly, warm and helpful with lots of creativity and really looking out for the guest. Room was immaculate and really good standard, great lighting etc. Parking is always dead simple at this hotel. Look forward to returning.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

GMYewLodge, Manager at Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear andy w

Many thanks for writing your review.
I'm delighted that you returned to us and enjoyed your stay so much. I'm so pleased that you found the staff warm and friendly and the room was a good standard for you.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

clare.swift@yewlodgehotel.co.uk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kegworth
Hilton East Midlands Airport
Jurys Inn East Midlands Airport
#6 of 7 in Castle Donington
Kegworth Hotel & Conference Centre
Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport
Holiday Inn Express East Midland...
#3 of 7 in Castle Donington
Best Western Nottingham Derby

Been to Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!