Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kegworth
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Feel I have to write a review even though not stayed here this year yet, for the last 3 or 4 years we have stayed here it has been the perfect way to start our holiday, unfortunately this year me being an idiot I have left it too late to book so the Park & Fly option was not available, anyway that would have got me divorced so I dropped an e-mail asking if I could pay a little extra and get the room that at the time was available but include the Breakfast, Meal, Parking & Shuttle Service as an extra, just got an e-mail back from Erin Bower (just so you all know who made this possible) who is the Sales Co-ordinator saying this is not a problem, if you read this review trust me get the 3 course meal and the parking cos you will not get better service from the staff and food from the restaurant anywhere else close to the Airport for the price you will pay. While I fly from East Midlands I will not be staying anywhere else EVER.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard H
Yvonne H, Manager at Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your lovely Trip Advisor review and kind comments regarding Erin who I am really pleased could look after you. We are all looking forward to seeing you when you do come and stay and appreciate your loyalty to the Yew Lodge Hotel

Best wishes

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,476)

Reviewed 4 July 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
2  Thank amanstev

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 4 a business meeting the following day. When booked via agent I noticed they had booked a twin, rang the hotel & asked if this could b changed 2 double. Lady said they were pretty full & she would c wot she could do. I did explain it was my birthday. On check in I asked if it had been changed & it had, bless her & thank u.

Stayed in room 335 & I can tell u the photos don't do it justice. The only down side could b no aircon but my room was fine. Really comfortable bed, nice comfortable chair & small table 2 sit & relax in. Well laid out bathroom with good shower. Lighting in room was excellent & could sit & apply make-up at dressing table, which isn't always the case in big chain hotels. Large flat screen tv with freeview. Iron & board in room. Also fan if the room does get 2 warm. Well stocked T tray.
I have a best western loyalty card so also got a goody bag with a bottle water & choc bar. Went down a treat.

One big bonus which most hotels don't get right is sockets. This one had them everywhere. 1 each side of the bed, next to the seating area, next 2 the entrance & also at the dressing table. 4 someone who is away on business u really don't know how important this is. Really good chair at dressing table so your back is well supported while working.
Well done, if I'm in the area again & will b staying here again. Thank u.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Suemummy
Yvonne H, Manager at Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Suemummy

Thank you for taking the time to write this review regarding your recent stay at the Best Western Yew Lodge Hotel.

We're really glad you enjoyed your stay and that the reservations team here could accommodate your double room request.

I hope the meeting went well and am pleased to read your feedback regarding the room. We try hard to make sure all the small details such as sockets are covered and comfort is very high on our priority list so glad to hear your points. Air conditioning is something we plan to do but at the moment we do not have a timescale for this.

really pleased to read that you'll be back and look forward to meeting you then. If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 01509 672518.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed the night before our early flight last week. Beautiful rooms, ample parking, friendly staff. The facilities are brilliant.
Took advantage of the airport transfer and parking deal. Easy and efficient minibus service to the airport.
When we returned the minibus was unavailable so they'd already prebooked and prepaid a taxi.
10/10 - we will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Carrie H

Dear CarrieH

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review regarding your recent stay at the Best Western Yew Lodge Hotel.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our rooms, we're over the moon that you found them 'Beautiful' our owner helps design all our rooms so he will be pleased.

I will pass your kind comments regarding the staff, parking, facilities and transfers to the team who will be over the moon. Your business is very important to us and every one of us here value your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I spent 3 weeks here in June, conducting training sessions in one of the meeting rooms. My colleagues and I were well taken care of by the conference center manager, Doug Savige. His attention to detail and excellent service in taking care of our needs caused me to give him a Tripadvisor 5-star service pin during my second week here.

Especially compared to Doug's excellent conference center team, the front desk service is some of the worst I have seen in my 40 years of traveling. They don't seem to know what they are doing, but even worse, they don't seem to really care. The company I am working with had 4 or 5 people staying here almost every night for 3 weeks, plus we were using a conference room for over 3 weeks, so one would assume that they would at least seem to be concerned about taking care of problems and issues for us. More than once the reservations for my colleagues and me were screwed up, but the employees just didn't seem to care that much. They didn't have a room for me for one night out of the 3 weeks, but I had to make trip after trip to the front desk trying to find out if they had secured a reservation for me. I went there at least once a day for 5 days asking if I had been put on a waiting list, and got at least 5 different answers. The day I thought I was going to have to check out and go to a hotel more than 15 miles away for one night, I was told that my entire last week of my stay here had been cancelled! When I demanded to speak to the manager, the young girl at the desk called and found out that I was on the "house list," which she didn't even know about! Turned out that, not only did I have a reservation for the week, but I also had one for that night and didn't have to move out of my room. My bet is that Doug Savige had something to do with getting this fixed. My advice to the hotel is to make Doug Savige the general manager of the hotel, or at least in charge of training the front desk staff about good customer service. If you have to deliver bad news to a customer, which I know happens sometimes, it should at least be done with some compassion and concern.

The hotel amenities, which include a health spa and pool that is inside the hotel, are very good. The breakfast is a nice spread of eggs, sausages, English bacon, fruit and the usual English breakfast oddities (tomatoes, beans and mushrooms). The breakfast meats were a bit overdone on several days. The service in the restaurant is generally good. Dinners are quite expensive, but then this is a "resort" hotel.

The rooms are not inexpensive and leave quite a bit to be desired. They do not have air conditioning and I had to keep my window open with a fan running every night, and it was still far too hot for me to sleep well. The hotel is close to the East Midlands airport and the jets taking off all night long woke me up on many nights. Another problem is with the water in the shower; it would fluctuate a lot on many mornings, going to scolding hot and within seconds to freezing cold, and then back to normal. The carpets in the halls and in my room were quite dirty and worn, and need to be replaced.

Room Tip: I assume lower rooms will be a bit cooler in the summer. The lack of air conditioning makes this a s...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank JimCarrCO

Dear Mr Carr

Thank you for your recent review and for staying with us at the Best Western Yew Lodge Hotel for so long, we really do appreciate your business and that of your company who have supported us for a long time.

Doug was over the moon with his 5 star service pin and we are Immensely proud that you honoured him with this.

I am so sorry that reception did not give you the same high levels of customer service as Doug and his team. We have a new Reception Manager and she is looking to improve this.

The reservation was booked incorrectly by the agent who only booked you in Monday to Friday and although we could accommodate you on all the other weekend days the 21st of June proved difficult. As soon as we could accommodate you on the 21st we extended your stay but the reception team were looking for a new reservation for you.

Mr Carr, the Reception team do care about our guests but this shortfall has taught us that we should have allocated 1 person to manage this and communicate this to you rather than you having to visit Reception so often. I assure you we will learn from this experience and use it to ensure it doesn't happen again.

I will look into the shower issue and assure you the carpets are cleaned regularly and are being done again next week. Air conditioning is something we plan to put into the rooms but we have no timescale for this at the moment.

I'm glad you liked the hotel amenities, Spa and restaurant food and the Head Chef has noted your point regarding the meats.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and if you want to discuss this further or are in the UK again please contact me personally on 00 44 509 672518 or on yvonne.hyde@yewlodgehotel.co.uk

Kind regards

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed here for the Download festival as at 8 months pregnant and with am older child we gave camping a miss! What a find. Lovely rooms, friendly and helpful staff and superb food. They even made sure there was a big selection of bar meals for returning festival goers. Lots of on diet parking and the hotel was spotlessly clean.

There was a shuttle bus to the festival if you didn't want to drive. We will be staying here again and I would recommend to anyone who isn't up to camping at donington. It's worth having breakfast here as they are huge with a great selection and fill you up for the day!

Well done to a hotel who value the rock customers.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lucia_MPoole

Dear Lucia_MPoole,

We're really glad you enjoyed your stay during the Download festival and over the moon to hear you'll be back. Thank you for your kind comments regarding, bar food, breakfast, room cleanliness and staff I will ensure this is passed on to the team. As you can imagine your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. Exciting times ahead with the new baby and we hope we will come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

This hotel is a great place to stay for the airport, as the free bus shuttle service is fantastic and you can leave your car at the hotel whilst you are away. The hotel itself was good. Food/drink selection in the bar was ok, rooms were clean and comfy. Lots of noise overnight from planes overhead and other guests leaving/banging doors/talking in the corridor etc. but probably to be expected at an airport hotel. Would stay here again if using the airport but probably wouldn't otherwise.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
GMYewLodge, Manager at Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Lucy B
Thank you for your review.

I’m glad that you found the park and fly service fantastic and you enjoyed your stay with us.
I apologise regarding the noise, however I hope that if you fly from EMA again we can welcome you back to the hotel.
Kind regards
Clare Swift
Revenue Manager
Clare.swift@yewlodgehotel.co.uk

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kegworth
Kegworth Hotel & Conference Centre
Jurys Inn East Midlands Airport
Jurys Inn East Midlands Airport
#5 of 7 in Castle Donington
Best Western Nottingham Derby

Been to Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!