“Great Wedding Service”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kegworth
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
“Great Wedding Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Yes, it is a play on words.
We attended a friends wedding at the Yew Lodge and I have to say the staff did a fantastic job in ensuring the day went well,with both the wedding service & hotel service being excellent. We were made to feel welcome at all times by the staff who were attentive and dealt with requests courteously and efficiently. Following the marriage service we enjoyed a 3 course wedding meal with drinks and the food arrived hot & tasty and was finished off with a chocolate dessert that nearly did finish me off!
The hotel is well located just off the M1 and A50 and gives easy access (by car) for Nottingham, Derby & Loughborough. It is also very handily located for East Midlands Airport so good for a pre flight stay - However its also bang on the flight path so expect a bit of noise from planes.
Rooms were small but well laid out with everything you may need from toiletries to Smart TVs & WiFi. We didn't use the spa however others said it was good.
Down side - It was hot in the rooms and the proximity to the airport & our room being over the kitchens meant opening the windows was not an option as the effect of the cooling breeze was over-ridden by the noise of the extractor fans, cars and planes! Bar prices were high for the type of location & hotel this is.
Would I stay again - Yes, I would. The down sides were manageable and as our summers rarely last too long then a hot room shouldn't be an issue to often.
Thanks to the staff & best wishes for a happy & healthy marriage Mr & Mrs P.

Room Tip: Rooms 102 - 106 are above the kitchens and the fans start up early. Sadly you can't miss hearing...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sam A
Yvonne H, Manager at Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear Sam A,

Thank you for completing this Trip Advisor review regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. I'm over the moon that you feel the staff did a fantastic job and were attentive, courteous and efficient, I will pass on these comments to them and I know they will be over the moon

We're really pleased you enjoyed the food and found everything to your liking regarding your room. I do take your point on board about the heat and noise and as you correctly said it doesn't effect guests stay on many days of the year but we will keep an eye on it.

We hope you will come back and see us again soon and If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 01509 672518.

Yours sincerely,

BEST WESTERN PREMIER Yew Lodge Hotel & Conference Centre

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

all staff worked very hard to please. all were very professional with a smile. had a fantastic meal each.would love to go back.room very hot but our fault that did not notice fan in wardrobe as only stopping for one night did not unpack case.bed good nights sleep.

1 Thank peteandwend927
Dear Pete and Wendy

Thank you for taking the time to add a review to Trip Advisor, feedback like yours is very important to us and we use your comments to maintain high standards and improve where we need to.

I'm glad you found the staff to be professional, hard working and always smiling and that you also enjoyed your meal.

Its great to hear you found the room comfortable too and that you got a good nights sleep, I take your points about the room being hot on board and glad you found the fan which we put in all rooms.

We hope to look after you both again in the very near future

Kind regards

Leicester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

wen have just experienced the Yew Lodge whole wedding day package, and I can say that it was a very good experience, slight problem with getting the room early but sorted within 10 min, from our arrival. We then met the MC for the day, Doug, totally on the ball, always there making sure if we had any questions he sorted it there and then, I h=can honestly say not experience a service like that from a hotel member of staff in a very long time. The room we had was the forest suite, which the could section off for the service first of all, then after the photos the room was then opened up for the main room for lunch. 3 course lunch, all very good, soup / chicken & veg / chocolate brownie, what more could you ask for. We then went outside for a few drinks (not that cheep!!) while they got the room ready for the evening, everything went like clockwork, if there was a problem we did not know about it. Im not quite sure if the disco was all in with the package and arranged by the hotel but it was a great disco, there was plenty of people dancing all night played music everybody wanted to hear.

You must remember that the hotel is very close to east midland airport, so you do get low flying planes throughout the day quite regular.

The room we had was a family room, not the biggest but we had a good queen bed, & a full double sofa bed, Very clean, & clean bathroom after all the fun of the day its all you need, Our rate included breakfast which was very good, typical full english buffet.

We did not get to use the spa facilities as we did not have the time, but listening to other guests they said it was good, if that is what you are after.

Overall a very good experience, i would recommend the Yew Lodge to stay at again, it is a 4* hotel also if you need a hotel pre flight as they do offer a transfer bus to the airport

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lee S
Dear Lee S

Thank you for the very kind words you gave us on Trip Advisor following the recent wedding you attended (I believe as Best Man)

Doug and I are both over the moon that you are delighted with his service, we feel he really is a credit to the hotel and feedback like yours really does make all the difference to us and him.

I'm glad the wedding went perfectly to plan and that you also enjoyed the food. I will pass on the feedback you gave to our Entertainments company who will be very pleased.

Its great to hear that your bedroom and bathroom were clean and the beds comfy and that you enjoyed breakfast the following morning.

We are also very grateful for any forward recommendations you give us as suggested as recommendations like yours really do make the difference to an independent family owned business like ours.

Best wishes to you Lee

Kind regards

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed for two nights including evening meal and breakfast. First of all, Amy who did my partners treatments was amazing. The waitering staff were brilliant Amy, mustafa and Jo were totally brilliant and we will come back again. The hotel was great and the food was top draw too. Very happy couple. Gets five stars 10/10. Thank you.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Caldwell73

Thank you very much for taking the time out to complete a Trip Advisor review, we really appreciate it. I'm over the moon to hear that you found the staff awesome and will pass on your comment to Amy in the Spa and Amy, Mustafa and Jo I the Restaurant who will be as equally pleased.

I'm also glad you liked the food, I know the kitchen brigade work very hard and they really appreciate feedback like yours.

Best wishes and thanks again

Sevenoaks
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Clean, well maintained (though lift a bit geriatric), high standard of service, the best spa we've yet experienced with fine sauna and steam room, and the most comfortable bed.

However, the restaurant was a let-down. Experience of previous stay and meals led us to book again. But it is now AA 2 rosette only in pricing, not quality: more like gastropub in content and presentation of food. For example: sea bass tasty, but "Thai broth" watery and insipid; "spicy cajun chicken" neither spicy nor cajun. OK at £20 deal for 3 courses – but would not be at full menu price.

A gripe: being made to sign a bill to confirm having had prepaid dinner, feels like an attempt to extract extra "gratuity". Why not just issue a voucher – as for the additional dinner package we bought on second night, when there was no need to sign anything?

The hotel is near East Midlands airport, so would be very convenient for anyone heading off from there on holiday. There is an offer at £75 for one night B&B plus up to 15 days parking.

1 Thank Steve P
Dear Steve P

Thank you for taking the time to write a trip advisor review, it is important to us to get feedback like yours. We are really glad you found the rooms comfortable and well maintained and the bed very comfortable. I will also pass your fabulous comments regarding the spa onto the team there and I know they will be very pleased.

I'm sorry you felt our restaurant was a little disappointing and do take your points on board regarding the food. Our menu has recently changed and we are trying out many new things in line with customer request and feedback. The bill is usually something we ask you to sign, particularly if you had supplements or drinks on there and it is certainly not the case that we ask you to sign this in the hope to get a gratuity as this is something the team are privileged to have and know this is not a given as they are paid well to serve all of our guests.

We do take all points on board and do then use them to drive customer service and quality in the future.

Best wishes

Hull,England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Feel I have to write a review even though not stayed here this year yet, for the last 3 or 4 years we have stayed here it has been the perfect way to start our holiday, unfortunately this year me being an idiot I have left it too late to book so the Park & Fly option was not available, anyway that would have got me divorced so I dropped an e-mail asking if I could pay a little extra and get the room that at the time was available but include the Breakfast, Meal, Parking & Shuttle Service as an extra, just got an e-mail back from Erin Bower (just so you all know who made this possible) who is the Sales Co-ordinator saying this is not a problem, if you read this review trust me get the 3 course meal and the parking cos you will not get better service from the staff and food from the restaurant anywhere else close to the Airport for the price you will pay. While I fly from East Midlands I will not be staying anywhere else EVER.

1 Thank Richard H
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your lovely Trip Advisor review and kind comments regarding Erin who I am really pleased could look after you. We are all looking forward to seeing you when you do come and stay and appreciate your loyalty to the Yew Lodge Hotel

Best wishes

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kegworth
Radisson Blu Hotel, East Midlands Airport
Jurys Inn East Midlands Airport
#6 of 8 in Castle Donington
Kegworth Hotel & Conference Centre
Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport
Holiday Inn Express East Midland...
#5 of 8 in Castle Donington
The Priest House by the River
The Priest House by the River
#4 of 8 in Castle Donington

Been to Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!