Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kegworth
Leeds, UK
“Lovely hotel!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed here for 1 night with my husband on a Groupon deal. The hotel was lovely and staff were good. It was nice to use the free spa facilities (agree with some others that there were a few too many children and beach balls in the pool, but it was the summer hols!) and the bar areas were pleasant for a drink in the evening. My only negatives would be that we waited a VERY long time for our food in the restaurant (as someone else mentioned, staff didn't seem to have a 'patch', we were served by 3 or 4 different waiters throughout the meal) and the room was very hot at night, with no obvious way of cooling it down (no air con and the window was tiny so even when open it had minimal effect). Overall though, the hotel had a nice, elegant feel to it and was a lovely place to spend a romantic night away.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Iwanttoliveonholiday
GMYewLodge, Manager at Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear iwanttoliveonholiday
Great name!
Many thanks for your comments regarding the hotel. I’m pleased that you found the hotel lovely and managed to make use of the leisure, as you pointed out it does get a little busier during the holidays!
I will certainly take your comments regarding the restaurant and review them with the team. However I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.
clare.swift@yewlodgehotel.co.uk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

From the moment we entered the hotel we were impressed with the friendliness of the welcome. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff: they genuinely wanted our stay to be as pleasant and enjoyable as possible. They were happy to have a chat, offer help, make sure we knew where to go and dealt with any problems with a smile. We were there for a spa break with dinner, bed and breakfast and I have to say everything about it was excellent.Lovely comfortable room, delicious food, great spa and relaxing massage treatments. A real treat. Thank you!

Room Tip: Be prepared for traffic noise as M1 and East Midlands airport are fairly close.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear pamfg
Thank you for your review.
Many thanks for your lovely review.
I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the staff made you feel welcome and dealt with your enquiries throughout. It’s great to hear that the food was delicious and the treatments relaxing, I will certainly pass this feedback onto the staff.
Oakham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

This is a fantastic hotel, with great facility, good food and service with very friendly staff.
The only think this hotel needs is air conditioning in the rooms as they can get very hot at night even with the window open.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Alun052014
Thank you for your review.
I’m delighted that you enjoyed the hotel and its food and service provided.
Thank you for your comments regarding the air conditioning, for any future stays there is a fan in every bedroom.
Sheffield
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

The only reason I have put 5* is because of two staff named Doug & Martin because my experience with other staff left me reeling but these two went above & beyond. We came back from holiday early hours of the morning to collect my car to a flat tyre. It would have been a nightmare if it wasnt for those guys they put me a spare on resulting in them having to fetch various tools from their own cars. Sprawled on a cold floor for atleast half an hour . thanks guys!

The hotel itself was immaculate, we stayed in studio 3 perfect for what we wanted. Reception staff lovely & breakfast was good.

My only disappointment was the spa staff. I walked in hoping to have a nice pamper session before holiday but it soured the experience. The therapist looked like she didnt want to be there she didnt speak a word to me as I followed her down a corridor (which man on spa reception told me to do) she then went through a door marked private letting it slam behind her so I hung back. I stood for atleast 20 mins with spa staff walking past me regularly & not saying a word, not a nice experience & I eventually walked back to my room disheartened.

Doug & martin you saved the experience for me thank god there are staff who actually care about the customers!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank April J
GMYewLodge, Manager at Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear April J
Many thanks for taking the time to review the hotel.
It’s fantastic to hear that Doug and Martin helped with your car and managed to get you back on the road.
I am also pleased to hear that the hotel, room and breakfast were up to standard.
I will pass on your comments regarding the staff in the spa to the manager to be investigated.
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.
Cardiff, Wales
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We were travelling north to Northumberland from our home in south Wales, and travelling on a Friday afternoon through the Midlands. We chose to stop off at the Yew Tree Lodge to break a journey which was characterised by heavy traffic, accidents and delays, and we are so glad we did so. This hotel has much to commend: its staff; its facilities and its very good tucker. The hotel has most things the modern traveller looks for, including safe parking, gym and spa, and large grounds to enjoy. Our room was to the rear and suffered aircraft noise from the adjacent East Midlands airport until well after midnight, when mercifully thunderstorms stopped all traffic until about 04:30 hours. However, it was comfortable, well-appointed and clean, and we managed to rest a little fitfully. We had dined extremely well earlier, and the restaurant brigade were well on their toes in a very busy dining room, offering quick and impeccable service. So well done to the Yew Lodge, and we would certainly look to use it again, perhaps with a little more care to get a front facing room.

Room Tip: Avoid the rear facing rooms as they are affected by aircraft noise, and without air-con you have to...
Dear jollyrobert

Many thanks for taking the time to review the hotel.
It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and would commend the staff and food.
I will certainly pass on your kind comments to the restaurant team.
Hopefully we can welcome you back to the hotel again in the future!

Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2014

my husband and I had a fantasticly relaxing weekend here. we arrived nearly an hour before check in time and our room was ready for us straight away. lovely staff in all areas. lovely spacious room with fan, iron and ironing board, laptop safe and toiletries etc. after unpacking we headed to the gym and pool and booked myself in for my nails doing. we had a lovely afternoon on the sunday in Loughborough town centre. both evenings we had a 3 course meal which was perfect could not complain about a single thing food wise. breakfast also good, great choice with continental and full English buffet style. would definatley visit again and take the kids too. the only thing I wasn't happy with was the luxury package at £30, it wasn't worth the money with the tiniest bowl of chopped fruit you've ever seen. the executive upgrade at £20 sounds like it would have been a better offer for us but wasn't told about it. when you use the gym or pool they give you a towel and even a £1 coin for the locker. to say its near the airport we weren't bothered by any noise at all.

Room Tip: book your table in advance for evening meal. wouldn't recommend luxury package.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
GMYewLodge, Manager at Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you for your recent review.
I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the staff lovely and rooms spacious.
I’m thrilled that you managed to enjoy the local surroundings.
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel again the future.

Northwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2014

What a find thanks to a 2-night “sampler” voucher from KGB. A good hotel that really lived up to its 4-star rating. Great accommodation and public areas, good well-cooked and presented food (the restaurant was full on both midweek nights we stayed there) and service to match. Well worth pre-booking dinner on the second night at a 33.3% discount. Highly recommended especially with its close proximity to East Midlands Airport.

Room Tip: Try to get an executive room above the Spa. Well worth a little extra.
Dear Ken S
Thank you for your review.
I’m pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the food and service.
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

clare.swift@yewlodgehotel.co.uk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kegworth
Hilton East Midlands Airport
Jurys Inn East Midlands Airport
#6 of 7 in Castle Donington
Kegworth Hotel & Conference Centre
Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport
Holiday Inn Express East Midland...
#4 of 7 in Castle Donington
Best Western Nottingham Derby

Been to Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!