Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kegworth
Telford, United Kingdom
“Park and Stay”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed at this hotel the night before our early flight from East Midlands Airport. Spacious triple room, comfy beds, lovely clean bathroom with ample free toiletries. Husband and son took advantage of the leisure facilities. The car park is large extends around the side and back of hotel. Transfer to the airport was booked at check in and the minibus was ready and waiting for us in the morning. On return to the UK someone else had telephoned before us so minibus was already there. I would stay at this hotel again if flying from East Midlands.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 26Aber26
GMYewLodge, Manager at Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Many thanks for your kind review.
I’m delighted that you enjoyed the rooms and that you made use of the leisure facilities.
I’m pleased that you had a lovely stay with us and that you would the offer again.
clare.swift@yewlodgehotel.co.uk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed for 2 nights on a booking deal inc dinner on first night what a deal dinner was presented beautifully , staff were great.
The room itself was very warm , bathroom was one of the best we have ever had and very clean lots of shampoo body lotion etc
Whole hotel was a pleasure to be in.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
GMYewLodge, Manager at Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear hoolah
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel.
I’m thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and enjoyed your dinner with us.
England
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This is a hotel for businessmen (and women) whose companies do not have tight purse strings. It is very comfortable and well run, but not cheap (A burger in the restaurant is £17 - cheese is extra!).
They do a lot of deals (Park and Fly etc.) and I feel sure that these are value for money, but the basic hotel with no offers is expensive.
We picked a hot couple of days to stay and there's wasn't air-conditioning in the bedroom. Having the window open allowed us to listen to the planes landing at East Midland airport.
The above sounds like we didn't enjoy our stay but that would be wrong. The hotel is very pleasant and the staff were friendly and efficient.
Would I stay again? Yes, as long as I could find the right deal

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review.
I’m pleased that you found the staff friendly and efficient and would stay again with us.
We will certainly your other comments on board and feed them back to the team.
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel again the future.
Leeds, UK
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed here for 1 night with my husband on a Groupon deal. The hotel was lovely and staff were good. It was nice to use the free spa facilities (agree with some others that there were a few too many children and beach balls in the pool, but it was the summer hols!) and the bar areas were pleasant for a drink in the evening. My only negatives would be that we waited a VERY long time for our food in the restaurant (as someone else mentioned, staff didn't seem to have a 'patch', we were served by 3 or 4 different waiters throughout the meal) and the room was very hot at night, with no obvious way of cooling it down (no air con and the window was tiny so even when open it had minimal effect). Overall though, the hotel had a nice, elegant feel to it and was a lovely place to spend a romantic night away.

1 Thank Iwanttoliveonholiday
Dear iwanttoliveonholiday
Great name!
Many thanks for your comments regarding the hotel. I’m pleased that you found the hotel lovely and managed to make use of the leisure, as you pointed out it does get a little busier during the holidays!
I will certainly take your comments regarding the restaurant and review them with the team. However I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

From the moment we entered the hotel we were impressed with the friendliness of the welcome. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff: they genuinely wanted our stay to be as pleasant and enjoyable as possible. They were happy to have a chat, offer help, make sure we knew where to go and dealt with any problems with a smile. We were there for a spa break with dinner, bed and breakfast and I have to say everything about it was excellent.Lovely comfortable room, delicious food, great spa and relaxing massage treatments. A real treat. Thank you!

Room Tip: Be prepared for traffic noise as M1 and East Midlands airport are fairly close.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear pamfg
Thank you for your review.
Many thanks for your lovely review.
I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the staff made you feel welcome and dealt with your enquiries throughout. It’s great to hear that the food was delicious and the treatments relaxing, I will certainly pass this feedback onto the staff.
Oakham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

This is a fantastic hotel, with great facility, good food and service with very friendly staff.
The only think this hotel needs is air conditioning in the rooms as they can get very hot at night even with the window open.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Alun052014
Thank you for your review.
I’m delighted that you enjoyed the hotel and its food and service provided.
Thank you for your comments regarding the air conditioning, for any future stays there is a fan in every bedroom.
Sheffield
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

The only reason I have put 5* is because of two staff named Doug & Martin because my experience with other staff left me reeling but these two went above & beyond. We came back from holiday early hours of the morning to collect my car to a flat tyre. It would have been a nightmare if it wasnt for those guys they put me a spare on resulting in them having to fetch various tools from their own cars. Sprawled on a cold floor for atleast half an hour . thanks guys!

The hotel itself was immaculate, we stayed in studio 3 perfect for what we wanted. Reception staff lovely & breakfast was good.

My only disappointment was the spa staff. I walked in hoping to have a nice pamper session before holiday but it soured the experience. The therapist looked like she didnt want to be there she didnt speak a word to me as I followed her down a corridor (which man on spa reception told me to do) she then went through a door marked private letting it slam behind her so I hung back. I stood for atleast 20 mins with spa staff walking past me regularly & not saying a word, not a nice experience & I eventually walked back to my room disheartened.

Doug & martin you saved the experience for me thank god there are staff who actually care about the customers!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank April J
GMYewLodge, Manager at Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear April J
Many thanks for taking the time to review the hotel.
It’s fantastic to hear that Doug and Martin helped with your car and managed to get you back on the road.
I am also pleased to hear that the hotel, room and breakfast were up to standard.
I will pass on your comments regarding the staff in the spa to the manager to be investigated.
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.
clare.swift@yewlodgehotel.co.uk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kegworth
Hilton East Midlands Airport
Jurys Inn East Midlands Airport
Jurys Inn East Midlands Airport
#6 of 7 in Castle Donington
Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport
Holiday Inn Express East Midland...
#4 of 7 in Castle Donington
The Priest House by the River
The Priest House by the River
#5 of 7 in Castle Donington

Been to Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!