“A pleasant surprise”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Kegworth
Cambridgeshire, England
“A pleasant surprise”
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I booked 2 nights via a budget deal website so only paid £39 per night for a large double room which would easily put Holiday Inn to shame. The receptionist was very welcoming and checkin was very efficient. The restaurant was agreeable but small so for the second night I explored the village and found an excellent Indian restaurant (Jee Ja Jee) and a reasonable real ale pub within a 5 minute walk. There was some disturbance from rowdy neighbouring rooms but none at all from road or air traffic. I was working at Donington Park circuit which can be reached in 15 minutes easily.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2012

we stayed here on a sunday night before flying to spain the next morning, leaving our car there for 10 days. The rooms are very comfortable and clean with everything you would need, hairdryer, iron and board, tea/coffee, soap/shampoo, big t.v.
check in was smooth and taxi's booked for both journeys to and from the airport, our rate didnt include any food, but as we had to leave for airport at 7.30am we didnt want breakfast. we paid £62 for the package which we thought was very good, as it would have cost us £47 just to leave car at the airport.
we would definately use this hotel when flying from east midlands airport ( 5 mins in taxi, and very prompt)

Room Tip: room 11 was at end of corridor and quiet,
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Whitehouse Hotel on Easter Sunday for one night. We got a bargain at £39.00 for the night with spa facilities included.

Check in was 2pm which is earlier than a lot of other hotels that we have stayed at. The lady on reception was friendly and we were pointed to our room. The room was generally clean and well presented, large flat screen TV, iron and ironing board, tea and coffee facilities, hairdryer etc. Little things that make this place a 3* and no more are silly things like mouldy seal around the bath and a couple of stains on the carpet, but nothing to moan about for the price we paid.

The spa facilities are nice and were kept very clean, spacious changing rooms with lockers, a nice pool with jacuzzee attached, small gym and a sauna. I would commend this hotel for having the leisure price in with the price of your stay, good move.

The meals in the hotel restaurant were a little on the pricy side compared to the small price we had paid to stay, however a small walk up into the village there are chinese and indian takeaways, a chippy, a co-op and a couple of other pubs / restaurants (.... although we did opt for the chinese in the end as we got funny looks in one of the pubs that we went into!!).

The hotel has a ground floor, an upper floor and a lower floor, our room was "21" which was on the lower floor, the hotel was peaceful until the people upstairs returned at around midnight, I think they were only walking around but the VERY squeeky floorboards made it sound as though they were practicing for the marathon! In hindsight we should have asked to move but it was late and we were hoping it wouldn't last long, however we were woken up again by this all through the night and then at 7am with them presumably getting ready for breakfast!! So we didn't get much sleep at all.

Overall this is a good hotel, which boasts nice clean facilities and friendly staff... BUT I would deffinatly ask for a room on the highest floor!

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room on the top floor if you want to get any sleep!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Minehead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2012

The only reason I'm giving two stars rather than just one is because my complaint was eventually dealt with. But should it really have taken 3 months?! It started when I sent a mild letter of complaint about an expensive but truly awful New Year's Eve meal. That evoked no reply. I sent an email. Again no reply until a week later - and this appeared to be dealing with some other customer's grumbles, not mine. I wrote again. No reply. I eventually wrote to Head Office. Guess what - no reply. Eventually, by dint of perservering, I did get satisfactory recompense, but WHY are they so reluctant to extend the simple courtesy of listening to customers' grumbles? If they had written back at once with a simple apology, I would have been willing to let the matter drop. But if even Head Office couldn't care less about customer satisfaction, I suppose it's little wonder that the individual managers aren't bothered either.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Roobarb-Roobarb
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I stayed here recently with my young family,upon checking in the staff were very rude talking to each other and ignoring myself and family.it took a total of 5 minutes before the young girl saw to us. We then went to our room which looked liked it hadn't been touched in over a month the bath was dirty there was grime on the shower curtain now I know you expect this from budget hotels but i thought that this would prove me wrong. Evening meal was atrocious and sub standard I have eaten better from mcdonalds needless to say I will not be recommending this hotel to my friends and family nor will I ever stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Foomanch
cleveland, UK
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We have stayed at the Kegworth Whitehouse at least 3 times in the past couple of years and it's excellent value for money...Just over 100 pounds for an overnight stay, 15 nights parking and return taxi to East Midlands airport, especially if you have a early moring flight. The night person on our last trip was fabulous :-) but all the staff are great.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floors....a bit quieter
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Beckingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2012

We were flying from East Midlands at 7am on the Sat morning so booked in here for the Friday night. Included in the price were taxis to and from the airport, 8 nights parking and the room, all for less than the price of a normal motel room.

Staff were extremely friendly, room was clean, were were up at 2 am and the night porter couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful. Will certainly do it again. The whole think was so well organised. No aircraft noise so a decents nights sleep. Couldn't fault it.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kegworth
Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel
Jurys Inn East Midlands Airport
#6 of 7 in Castle Donington
Radisson Blu Hotel, East Midlands Airport
Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport
Holiday Inn Express East Midland...
#4 of 7 in Castle Donington
The Link Hotel
The Link Hotel
#2 of 12 in Loughborough

Been to Kegworth Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!