“Good value for money.”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Kegworth
Newport, United Kingdom
“Good value for money.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

On the 25.1.14 my husband and I stayed at this hotel because we were attending a 50th birthday party nearby. We bought the accommodation through Travel Republic and paid £40.00 for a double room with breakfast. The car park is very spacious with the added benefit of a security barrier. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Our room was on the second floor (207) it was large and spacious. This room looked like it was either part of a new build or it had been renovated, either way it was very well presented. The hotel has a leisure centre which has a small swimming pool (hotel policy states max 16 people) with a Jacuzzi, a sauna and gym. There is free Wi Fi for guests. The breakfast was very good. The only downside to our stay was that we were woken very early by the noise from other guests who were presumably catching an early flight somewhere (East Midlands airport is nearby). Would we return? Yes.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ruth P
Matt P, Manager at Kegworth Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review.

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us here and we look forwards to welcoming you back.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Westbury, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

I checked into my room and left to go to dinner with colleagues, only to return adn walk in on a young lady preparing for bed. "I wonder how that happened sir" was the response. I should not in a well-run establishment, particularly as this room had no security chain. Having moved rooms, I now have one where people over 5' tall have to watch their head when using the shower before descending to a tepid breakfast.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms in the eaves if your average height or above.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

On arriving at the hotel, I was pleasantly surprised considering the price we had paid. There was plenty of parking, the reception area was clean and the staff friendly and helpful. My colleague and I were shown to our room which was perfectly adequate for an overnight business stay. We went down to the bar for a meal and again the staff were friendly and helpful. We ate in the bar off the restaurant menu - the prices were very reasonable and my chicken was tasty.

It all went terribly wrong when we went back to our room. As we turned off the light, we became aware of a loud, whirring noise and, after looking out of the window, we realised that we were in a room directly above a bank of generators. This noise went on all night - fine if it had been a constant noise but it kept stopping and starting so it was impossible to ignore it. Fortunately, I always carry ear plugs however my colleague was not so lucky.

In the morning, the breakfast was fine with enough choice and the staff in the restaurant were friendly and attentive.

When I checked out, it was a totally different story, the 3 people behind the reception desk could hardly be bothered to say hello, even after a cheery good morning from me; one of them did not look up from a computer screen the whole time I was at the desk.

I asked if the hotel had been fully booked the previous evening and when asked why I wanted to know, explained that we had been put in a room directly above the generators and, as a result, had a terrible night's sleep. I was told that the hotel had not been fully booked and, if we had asked, we would have been moved. Now, since we were ready for bed when we became aware of the generator, this would have caused too much upheaval.

The member of reception staff then asked if I stayed in the area a lot and, when I said that we had started doing a lot of business in the area and as a result were sourcing hotels and conference rooms to use on a regular basis, was told that I could be shown a selection of better rooms since "the room you stayed in last night is one of our worse" .... Speechless does not come close!! Why on earth would you put someone in this room if you had others available?

Needless to say, the last impression of this hotel is our lasting one. It's doubtful we would use it again.

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 224 - the generator stays on all night and it is impossible to sleep.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Northern Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

This hotel is really old and tired, the bathroom was horrible with big black marks on the tiles. There were stains on the wallpaper. There was a annual dinner for a dog club on the same night we stayed and there was constant barking from the rooms. The walls are paper thin so the noise was dreadful. There is a pool so the whole place smells like the local swimming baths, there is nothing that would entice me to stay again

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

I'm staying here at this very moment, unable to get to sleep due to someone snoring in the adjoining room,, there is a connecting door which I'm guessing is made of a thin sheet of cardboard judging by the high quality of sound transference grrr

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Clusterm2
Yeovil, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed for two nights in February and hotel is nice and as you would expect any large hotel to be. The rooms are spacious and bathroom facilities good. Check in was easy and staff were friendly and courteous. Breakfast was good with a full buffet available. The downsides were my colleague checked in his room and there was already somebody staying in it (he was upgraded to a better room though), food was very limited in the restaurant with most things off the menu as they had no stock and finally the shower would go to scorching for no apparent reason whilst using on moderate heat and could have been dangerous with young children. Would I stay there again???? Yes I would as I believe the hotels standards are usually higher than that.

Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dorboy23
Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

Again an excellent family time spent at this child friendly hotel.every year the same staff are still there,that speaks volumes in itself.They recognise the 14 of us when we arrive each year ,and we feel like this is another home from home.service is excellent,they cannot do enough for us,thank you all and see you next year,The Price family xx

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kegworth
Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel
Jurys Inn East Midlands Airport
#6 of 8 in Castle Donington
Radisson Blu Hotel, East Midlands Airport
Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport
Holiday Inn Express East Midland...
#5 of 8 in Castle Donington
The Link Hotel
The Link Hotel
#2 of 12 in Loughborough

Been to Kegworth Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!