“Great Value”

Kegworth Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Kegworth
“Great Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Found this place on one of my phone apps whilst travelling down to East Midlands Airport. It seemed extremely cheap compared to the others around so was a little dubious at first but as I only wanted a room for 6 hours sleep how bad could it be. On arrival there was plenty of room to park and we was checked in by a very bubbly receptionist. Room was clean and tidy and bed comfy. How wrong was I what a fantastic stop off place before flying out on your holidays. Tried to book for a couple of weeks time but full, now I know why ! Had to book in with a national chain for double the price unfortunately but will definitely return here

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Matt P, General Manager at Kegworth Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments, I have forwarded them to all departments. I hope you stay with us again in the new future.

Kind Regards

Matt Pullen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Staff are friendly, helpful and courteous. The price paid was very reasonable, nice food and good choice of evening meals and good breakfast. The pool was added bonus really, small but nice for an early morning swim. Would stay again, good location just off motorway.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for you positive comments regarding the Hotel and Service you received during your stay. All comments are important to me and I will ensure these are forwarded to the team.

Kind Regards

Matt Pullen
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We booked this Hotel for £39.It is close to the airport and we had early flights.Polite receptionist.Nice Bar area good selection of bar meals.Lovely room.Will go again earlier so we can take advantage of the spa.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Matt P, Manager at Kegworth Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Hi anicklin.

Thank you for giving us great feedback & we hope that your holiday was even better for you.
Here are our leisure opening times for next time you stay with us;

Gym
Monday-Friday - 7am-9pm
Saturday-Sunday - 8am-8pm

Pool
Monday-Friday - 8.30am-8.30pm
Saturday-Sunday - 8.30am-8pm

We hope to see you again soon!
Stamford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Booked this as a stopover before going on holiday, room very good, lovely small swimming pool, very good staff, meal very good and good value. The room was very cheap and excellent value. Would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the great comments & we hope that your holiday was just as enjoyable!
We are currently in the process of changing our restaurant & bar menu so if you ever stay at the Hotel again we would greatly appreciate feedback on how it has improved.

Wakefield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

I have visited here a few times over the last few months and I have held back my review. I am on business near by the hotel and it provides a very competitive rate to those close by. There are many hotels to choose from as the location is perfect for East Midlands Airport (EMA).
The hotel itself is not owned by any massive corporation but it does have a sister hotel. The staff have always been polite and helpful. Full and clear instructions were given to all the hotels amenities and directions to the rooms etc. Very consistent.
The rooms however do differ in quality. My first stay was in a room where only one light worked, the toilet roll holder was broken and the batteries were dead in the remote. Sadly I couldn’t report this, I am sure this would have been rectified with the professionalism I have encountered so far.
The subsequent visits were much better and everything was much tidier and in working order, just as I expect.
I have only dined in the pub once; the food was very tasty indeed. I did get my starter until halfway through my main and I was never approached to be asked if everything was OK, or sauces etc. etc. The bill was reasonable for a hotel and the drinks are typically £3 and upwards.
Although there is a spa and gym for use, the pool is only thing I would use. The gym has outdated and dangerous equipment and really needs an update.
All in all, yes, I would recommend staying here if you need to be in and out or if you have a short amount of time for a stay with no breakfast type thing. I will be staying here again as it is perfect for where I am working near by and almost as cheap as driving the 70 miles back home.
It is just lacking that "something" to give it any more than 3 stars. Hopefully I will be able to submit another review in a month or so.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mathew W
leiston
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

I was going to be generous and overlook the tired exterior, the water stained ceiling tiles in pool and changing room, the 45 minute wait for dinner in the restaurant (there were only 4 customers to serve in the restaurant), and the fact that our 2 main meals came 12 minutes apart-with no offer of reduction to the bill! But all generosity left me when we rang the hotel to report our forgotten phone charger offering to pay postage to have it sent (this was 4 hours after an early check-out)..I had to chase this through into the following day to be told 'no, we can't anything'..this is appalling..any left items should be traceable to lost property. The fact that it was an apple charger worth £49 made it just that bit worse! A great shame as meal was lovely and beds comfy.

Room Tip: rooms between 223-225 are directly above fans for pool...OK if you don't mind unbroken humming!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Lowestoft
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

On arrival ,the first thing we noticed was the musty smell and it did n"t look like a hotel from the outside . On checking in i had to pay up front ( talk about buying the goods before seeing them).We came with our 18 year old daughter so we had separate rooms , no family rooms available , a bit disappointed as hers was on the next floor and we had to communicate by texting.
The room was a bit dark and the decor a bit tired with creaky floorboards. The bed was very big (2 double beds pushed together) but the bathroom was nice. The card keys to our rooms kept playing up and we had to keep asking reception to fix them. We slept well despite the traffic noise outside(no soundproofing)and people in the room upstairs stomping about with their creaky floorboards as well.
As for the leisure club, i think a major overhaul is well overdue. The changing rooms were dirty and damp with stains on the ceiling and the lockers falling apart with half of them with no locks. The pool was tiny and the sauna was small and dingy. The jacuzzi was nice but we were kicked out at 6.30 PM for cleaning which, if you have been out hiking all day and want to relax is poor. The showers were cold with heads missing on some.
The restaurant was small and the hot buffet was dry as it had spent most of the morning under heat lamps.The fruit salad was foul.On the Saturday ,there was no hot buffet and i was asked if i wanted a cooked breakfast, which i reluctantly agreed to, it arrived scalding hot from the microwave with beans like lava. The next day ,the hot buffet returned ,when i asked why there wasn,t one yesterday , it was because it was the chefs day off.
This hotel has no atmosphere and needs major refurbishment, ok for an overnight stay thats all. felt like we were the only guests as we didnt see many other people. Next time we will try the Best Western hotel up the road.

Room Tip: Dont bother
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kegworth
Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel
Jurys Inn East Midlands Airport
#6 of 8 in Castle Donington
Radisson Blu Hotel, East Midlands Airport
Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport
Holiday Inn Express East Midland...
#5 of 8 in Castle Donington
The Link Hotel
The Link Hotel
#2 of 12 in Loughborough

Been to Kegworth Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!